FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   FA Thank you notes: pax trashed several. Worth it? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2007774-fa-thank-you-notes-pax-trashed-several-worth.html)

skylady Feb 5, 2020 11:54 pm

FA Thank you notes: pax trashed several. Worth it?

I recently worked a trip where the purser and I both wrote personalized thank you notes to our FC customers. It felt good to do it, since we had a really nice flight, no delays, no issues, and we had fun. I was very disappointed after , to see how many of them ended up on the floor after the flight. Does this gesture mean anything to you guys, or should I discontinue thanking my customers? Feeling a little sad about it. I don't expect them to carry them home, but to just trash our gesture, well, that kinda hurts.

ZBigFam Feb 5, 2020 11:56 pm

I would be so thankful for this. I would keep it. Please don't let the callousness of others change you.

andrewp Feb 6, 2020 12:36 am

Were I to receive a note like that on one of my flights it would make my day.

Sadly, an unfortunately large number of people are just raving <bleep> and done care about much beyond themselves. Don’t let them ruin what was a very nice gesture and demonstration of professionalism. Please keep doing things like that and encourage your colleagues to do the same. The response may be a disappointment at times, but I can guarantee you that some of your customers will greatly appreciate it.

hbtr Feb 6, 2020 12:52 am

Originally Posted by skylady (Post 32038541)
I recently worked a trip where the purser and I both wrote personalized thank you notes to our FC customers. It felt good to do it, since we had a really nice flight, no delays, no issues, and we had fun. I was very disappointed after , to see how many of them ended up on the floor after the flight. Does this gesture mean anything to you guys, or should I discontinue thanking my customers? Feeling a little sad about it. I don't expect them to carry them home, but to just trash our gesture, well, that kinda hurts.

I received a nice thank you note on an LAX-CLT flight a couple years ago and it made my day. It complemented the good service I received on that flight and made it feel more personal. So yes, it’s worth doing!

SKT-DK Feb 6, 2020 12:55 am

I would greatly appreciate it too, so please do not let a rude few discourage you. Many aspects of society are becoming increasingly impersonal, and it is little things like this which can help top the scale on the other direction.

ashwinbrao Feb 6, 2020 1:14 am

Originally Posted by skylady (Post 32038541)

I have been pleasantly surprised whenever someone gives me a thank you note and it is a really warm gesture on the part of the flight attend attendants.

I have only recieved this on AA and in my opinon is a nice way of keeping customers engaged to the brand ( and this airline really needs to keep its its customers engaged)

robofski Feb 6, 2020 2:10 am

I've yet to receive one but I'll sure appreciate it when it happens!

From the posts I see on a Facebook group for EXP flyers most people seem to really appreciate them, often see photos of notes received with lots of positive reactions.

Keep doing it!

dave_261 Feb 6, 2020 2:24 am

I've never personally received one. If I did, I would definitely be appreciative. I'd absolutely take it off the plane, but it would likely end up in the trash shortly thereafter.

No different than when I receive other thank you notes. I read it, appreciate the gesture, and dispose of it.

Annalisa12 Feb 6, 2020 4:31 am

I could live without it. Sorry.

fotographer Feb 6, 2020 4:49 am

I like the notes.. got one from the J crew coming back from Zurich to Philly..
its on my office board... its always a nice touch when the crew hands outs notes.....
It shows , that at least someone on AA cares about its customers.

SEA737 Feb 6, 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by dave_261 (Post 32038835)
I've never personally received one. If I did, I would definitely be appreciative. I'd absolutely take it off the plane, but it would likely end up in the trash shortly thereafter.

No different than when I receive other thank you notes. I read it, appreciate the gesture, and dispose of it.

This. And even if people don't take it off the plane, I don't think you should take it as a sign that they don't appreciate it. That's not to say it would be nice if people at least didn't leave them there for the person who wrote them to pick up, but I wouldn't put it down to lack of appreciation.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Feb 6, 2020 5:43 am

Sadly we live in a time today with too many self indulged people. But some of us care and try to show our appreciation and understanding back. Manners today are in short supply and it runs the economic and social gambit. So keep doing what you're doing. Half of the boobs in the F cabin will treat any thank you note like a used cocktail napkin but the other half will walk away with a profound respect for you and the other crew members.

Fly'nAAgain Feb 6, 2020 6:26 am

I think this is a great touch and were I to receive a note like this from a crewmember, I'd keep it.

jerseytom Feb 6, 2020 6:37 am

I would love this, I've never had anything like that on any flight, ever.

GNRMatt Feb 6, 2020 6:41 am

I would appreciate it and save it. It would most likely end up placed in the scrapbook that my girlfriend keeps for all of our trips.