Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

$500 voucher for downgrade: still good with my rerouting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:56 am
Original Poster

On a trip HNL-DFW-LGA I was to was told the HNL-DFW leg of the trip I was downgraded to premium economy because they had to change the plane to a smaller one. I was offered a $500 voucher and the difference in fare. The flight was eventually cancelled. When I got home I was able to rebook the flight HNL-OGG-DFW-LGA. AA would not pay for the HNL-OGG flight. that was no problem as I am on the buddy list of a HAL pilot. Once I landed in NYC I got an email saying they would be crediting me 15,000 miles due to the flight cancelation.

My question is, is the $500 voucher still valid since I was able to fly OGG-DFW in first? How can I check?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by islandguy808
On a trip HNL-DFW-LGA I was to was told the HNL-DFW leg of the trip I was downgraded to premium economy because they had to change the plane to a smaller one. I was offered a $500 voucher and the difference in fare. The flight was eventually cancelled. When I got home I was able to rebook the flight HNL-OGG-DFW-LGA. AA would not pay for the HNL-OGG flight. that was no problem as I am on the buddy list of a HAL pilot. Once I landed in NYC I got an email saying they would be crediting me 15,000 miles due to the flight cancelation.

My question is, is the $500 voucher still valid since I was able to fly OGG-DFW in first? How can I check?
Yes, the voucher should be valid, that is your compensation for AA's screw up. Whether you were ultimately rebooked in economy or first doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.