Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA award repriced incorrectly (?) in my favor, potential problem?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I'm hoping someone can shed light on a partner award booking I made for my wife JFK-LHR on BA. Last September I used AA miles to book a BA business class flight with taxes at $626. I called in last week and changed to an earlier BA flight and was told we'd receive a refund of $350. This surprised me as I was expecting the high YQ to be at least roughly the same. Checking the BA website, it looks like with the refund the taxes were the same as premium economy, however the booking reticketed as confirmed in Business (U) class. The $350 refund posted today.

I checked the receipts page on AA. Entering the original ticket number shows the new updated BA flight number and time, a new ticket number with taxes of $4.50, and "exchange ticket" under "Sale Form of Payment". The BA website (with their record locator) shows everything confirmed.

Are we good to go here? What happened with the repricing? Of course I'm happy to get money back but don't want any issues for my wife.

thanks
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by adlibitum
I'm hoping someone can shed light on a partner award booking I made for my wife JFK-LHR on BA. Last September I used AA miles to book a BA business class flight with taxes at $626. I called in last week and changed to an earlier BA flight and was told we'd receive a refund of $350. This surprised me as I was expecting the high YQ to be at least roughly the same. Checking the BA website, it looks like with the refund the taxes were the same as premium economy, however the booking reticketed as confirmed in Business (U) class. The $350 refund posted today.

I checked the receipts page on AA. Entering the original ticket number shows the new updated BA flight number and time, a new ticket number with taxes of $4.50, and "exchange ticket" under "Sale Form of Payment". The BA website (with their record locator) shows everything confirmed.

Are we good to go here? What happened with the repricing? Of course I'm happy to get money back but don't want any issues for my wife.

thanks

You should be fine, especially if everything is ticketed and your refund issued. It was mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago that the BA surcharges were coming in much less now for US-LHR awards than they have in the past. For example, I just searched for a quick DFW-LHR award in February at aa.com , DFW-BOS-LHR was available with "only" $283 in total taxes and fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.