Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Wants Employees to be Volunteer "American Champions"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI

https://onemileatatime.com/american-...yee-champions/

Unpaid gig, sizable time sink; commit to holding a mandated number of brand-building conversations with co-workers and customers, post to social media regularly about how great AA is, attend quarterly meetings... the project seems like a big misreading of the current AA employee mindset. The writeup says only 26% of AA workers surveyed support management's decision making.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I bet they're going to do the exact opposite after watching their peers at Delta get some extra pay.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
It's a typical corporate fake campaign to build "employee excitement." I remember years ago in banking management constantly making managers do more and more with far less than rolling out totally mind insulting "cheerleader campaigns" to somehow motivate us. Unfortunately when the brand is cheapen front line employees bear the brunt of it. Completely packed planes with inadequate room, missed connections, forced checking of bags, etc.land on the lap of employees. And if employees tell the truth they are seen as "negative."
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
It's a typical corporate fake campaign to build "employee excitement." I remember years ago in banking management constantly making managers do more and more with far less than rolling out totally mind insulting "cheerleader campaigns" to somehow motivate us. Unfortunately when the brand is cheapen front line employees bear the brunt of it. Completely packed planes with inadequate room, missed connections, forced checking of bags, etc.land on the lap of employees. And if employees tell the truth they are seen as "negative."
Si, exactamente Jorge muchacho! Management is patronizing and offensive with this mierda. People are smart and see right through this... if they like to advertise and shine the employer image voluntarily and during daily interactions... it is BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE PRODUCT! It is very simple. Forced propaganda with buzzwords of respect and inclusvity is insulting and hypocritical.. the more then employer uses this trumpet the less true are the propagandas.

I dislike very much the <redacted> of the workplace in these ways and I fight it where it happens to me.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 21, 2020 at 6:30 pm Reason: Unacceptable hyperbole redacted
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If AA were to treat its employees in the way DL treats its employees with big bonuses, they too would have lots more “champions” out there; and they wouldn’t even have to formalize it too much. By treating its employees financially well when it does well, DL has created its own volunteer army of “champions” out of and via its employees. Don’t be surprised to see a lot more committed DL defenders online too.
AANYC1981 and BearX220 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
If AA wanted to pay me with free status or upgrades, I'd talk them up day and night. But I don't have any sort of followers other than Facebook and message boards. But if AA is listening and agreeable, I'll go the Kim Kardashian route to fame...
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by james318
If AA wanted to pay me with free status or upgrades, I'd talk them up day and night. But I don't have any sort of followers other than Facebook and message boards. But if AA is listening and agreeable, I'll go the Kim Kardashian route to fame...
If AA treated me like a human being and offered the bare minimum of service excellence I'd probably talk them up. This while campaign is lipstick on a pig.

If AA thinks that kool-aid drinking employees are going to right the ship, improve employee morale and soothe the anger of their most lucrative travelers they've clearly gotten a hold of home of the pot that just went on sale in Illinois. A fish rots from the head. The funny thing about DL is that they don't have to ASK employees to be champions. Their employees actually ARE generally happy and champion the airline.
Gringa, AANYC1981 and Spiff like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, Global Entry, Non-Rev
This is just one example of how American senior management is out of touch with the average consumer/employee and why AA continues to (unfortunately as well because despite my employer/loyalty I actually like AA and know they have a bunch of great people there) fall well below their competition and even the ULCC's in almost every category.

I really hope they get a new CEO sooner rather than later.
Spiff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.