Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA72 SYD- LAX Wed 15 delayed by 9 hrs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
AA72 SYD- LAX Wed 15 delayed by 9 hrs

AA got me onto a QF flight via DFW to DIA . Only a delay of 4 hours, so I appreciate that.
However it was communicated via email at 9.37 pm Tuesday , without any sort of explanation in the header . Just a 'Your trip Summary- XXXXXX 15 Jan."

Given that I was to be be picked up earlyish in the morning for the 11.20 flight , I'm just glad that
A. I was awake
B. I was awake enough to open the email , instead of thinking that it could wait.
Also glad that I managed to alert my driver before the pick up time.

Now I cant get onto QF help desk to assign a seat and their site won't let me select - even tho I logged in with my QF number and the QF PNR.
Grumph.
PS . No explanation in the email. Had to call AAdvantage help desk to get the reason for the change..
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AshleyF
AA got me onto a QF flight via DFW to DIA . Only a delay of 4 hours, so I appreciate that.
However it was communicated via email at 9.37 pm Tuesday , without any sort of explanation in the header . Just a 'Your trip Summary- XXXXXX 15 Jan."

Given that I was to be be picked up earlyish in the morning for the 11.20 flight , I'm just glad that
A. I was awake
B. I was awake enough to open the email , instead of thinking that it could wait.
Also glad that I managed to alert my driver before the pick up time.

Now I cant get onto QF help desk to assign a seat and their site won't let me select - even tho I logged in with my QF number and the QF PNR.
Grumph.
PS . No explanation in the email. Had to call AAdvantage help desk to get the reason for the change..
Maybe AA needs to ask for a preference in communications in IRROPS situations. Hey, at least they contacted you -- usually the complaint is that "they never contacted me". @:-)
rumboj likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The inbound flight was late. I can’t see how the reason is important. For flights to the US I always check the status of the inbound flight (or flights, if the same equipment since AA might swap [and has occasionally, at least in Europe]) to get the earliest indication of a delay (and get ahead of the mob trying to rebook).
Passmethesickbag likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.