Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Arrow ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

Howdy everyone. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but it seems it might be. In regards to reduced mileage award tickets, what happens if the flight departs in January and is for an airport listed for January, but it returns in February when the airport is no longer listed? Does it still qualify for the full reduction, something in between, nothing? I've tried to figure this out but the closest question I found was someone asking about a flight straddling quarters, and they never got an answer or reported back with their findings.

Thanks

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 3, 2020 at 11:31 pm Reason: Add moderator note
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Howdy everyone. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but it seems it might be. In regards to reduced mileage award tickets, what happens if the flight departs in January and is for an airport listed for January, but it returns in February when the airport is no longer listed? Does it still qualify for the full reduction, something in between, nothing? I've tried to figure this out but the closest question I found was someone asking about a flight straddling quarters, and they never got an answer or reported back with their findings.

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Brandonjt

Thanks
All AA awards are one way awards. Each award will qualify, or not, for the reduced mileage award on its own.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Brandonjt

Thanks
All AA awards are one way awards. Each award will qualify, or not, for the reduced mileage award on its own.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA G, UA, HH G
Does RJ ever release more than 1 (J) award seat on their direct JFK<>AMM flights? (RJ262, RJ261) I'm only ever seeing 1 seat at a time doing random date searches for 2018.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA G, UA, HH G
Does RJ ever release more than 1 (J) award seat on their direct JFK<>AMM flights? (RJ262, RJ261) I'm only ever seeing 1 seat at a time doing random date searches for 2018.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I am eligible to purchase reduced mileage awards because of my credit card. Do I have to be the passenger or may I use the award to purchase for my daughter? I am not travelling.

Last edited by mary_228; Jan 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I am eligible to purchase reduced mileage awards because of my credit card. Do I have to be the passenger or may I use the award to purchase for my daughter? I am not travelling.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by mary_228
You do not need to be the traveler! Just call in and let them know who it will be and give the appropriate code from the website.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by mary_228
You do not need to be the traveler! Just call in and let them know who it will be and give the appropriate code from the website.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

Question on award redeposit fees

If I purchase a multicity award on one PNR, if I need to cancel and redeposit later, do I just pay one fee of $150 since all flights are on one PNR or do I pay $150 for each flight? Example (booked on one PNR):

YYZ to HKG June 1
MLE to MAD June 8
LHR to MIA June 15

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

Question on award redeposit fees

If I purchase a multicity award on one PNR, if I need to cancel and redeposit later, do I just pay one fee of $150 since all flights are on one PNR or do I pay $150 for each flight? Example (booked on one PNR):

YYZ to HKG June 1
MLE to MAD June 8
LHR to MIA June 15

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by rumboj

YYZ to HKG June 1
MLE to MAD June 8
LHR to MIA June 15

Thanks!
One fee if you cancel all the flights on one PNR.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by rumboj

YYZ to HKG June 1
MLE to MAD June 8
LHR to MIA June 15

Thanks!
One fee if you cancel all the flights on one PNR.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know the latest Exception Rule for Europe to South Pacific?

The old exception table says:
Europe to/from South Pacific can connect in Singapore or Bangkok only. Note: this may have been updated to include Bangkok, Doha, Hong Kong, Osaka, Singapore or Tokyo.

Can we now go thru DOH, HKG, and NRT?

Is there any exception rule for Europe to Africa?

Last edited by Happy; Jan 21, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.