Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

With one day left AA error correction drops me on ExPlat 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

With one day left AA error correction drops me on ExPlat 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by donotblink
If the manager of a restaurant told you they were going to comp your bottle of wine, because the waiter spilled it on you, and then the bill came with the bottle of wine included and then a different manager told you they wouldn't comp the bottle, wouldn't you be dumbfounded. Also, if it was red wine, I'd be asking for additional compensation.
Not quite the same. If you bought a 20 dollar bottle of wine and they gave you a 200 dollar bottle, but then you argue about an extra coke being charged, resulting in a bill review and correction - that's closer.

If AA unilaterally, at the last minute, clawed it back it would be a different situation.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Update
i guess the last supervisor did indeed send my case up to the Executive Liaison because I got a very nice and personal response yesterday apologizing for everything that happened and recognized their error and I did everything I could to obtain based on the information they provided me
Ex Plat restored for 2020
I was holding off on booking a ton of paid Biz travel until this was resolved so now AA will be seeing at least $7k in tickets purchased today
Spiff, MikeFly, ijgordon and 13 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
Not quite the same. If you bought a 20 dollar bottle of wine and they gave you a 200 dollar bottle, but then you argue about an extra coke being charged, resulting in a bill review and correction - that's closer.

If AA unilaterally, at the last minute, clawed it back it would be a different situation.
If you didn't know wine, you might not realized they gave you a $200 bottle of wine, and you would not be obligated to pay any more than $20 for it
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:21 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Sorry this happened, but You played with fire and lost.

never ever ever call any type of attention to a misposting in your favor.
Yes, and no point in calling for any misposting. An award flight cancelled because of weather. Seven calls and they have still not fixed a refund that is 6,000 less. I keep getting the same answer. You should see it. Gave up. Sad when a new year resolution has to be about giving up calling AA for missing miles.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by planes&trains
Yes, and no point in calling for any misposting. An award flight cancelled because of weather. Seven calls and they have still not fixed a refund that is 6,000 less. I keep getting the same answer. You should see it. Gave up. Sad when a new year resolution has to be about giving up calling AA for missing miles.
Without the details in hand, you might be calling the wrong group to initiate (or in your case get the miles redeposited in your account), hence a possible source of difficulty in what should be an very quick transaction.

AAdvantage customer service (note limited operating hours) is a good place to start and finish.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mvoight
If you didn't know wine, you might not realized they gave you a $200 bottle of wine, and you would not be obligated to pay any more than $20 for it
Which would be relevant in that specific case, except the OP clearly knew, so it isnt applicable here.

Looks like it worked out for the OP in the end, but next time, I doubt they'd call attention to it.

Last edited by Antarius; Jan 12, 2020 at 6:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.