Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Account Shut Down - Recourse/Appeal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Account Shut Down - Recourse/Appeal?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I am guessing that OP is now quite pleased that he did not reveal all his secrets.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by shimps1
I am not sharing more info, and info has been deleted due to advice I have received. However, no terms have been violated. Miles have been earned via credit card spend. My wife and I were legitimately approved for the cards. I will update once this has been resolved fully.
Were your reservations actually canceled, and if so have they been reinstated? I can see a lot of very specific technical issues associated with doing so, particularly if your reservations were on partner airlines and if that inventory doesn't exist anymore. Also, your new original post says "Account reinstated. Nevermind.", however you say that your issue isn't fully resolved.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink
Were your reservations actually canceled, and if so have they been reinstated? I can see a lot of very specific technical issues associated with doing so, particularly if your reservations were on partner airlines and if that inventory doesn't exist anymore. Also, your new original post says "Account reinstated. Nevermind.", however you say that your issue isn't fully resolved.
I am not discussing the issue further, until it is resolved.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:39 pm

Now everyone is so curious how this was resolved! But let’s read the thread from the beginning, OP didn’t get much support from vast majority to begin with (guilty until proven methodology). So I’m not sure if OP is doing anything underhanded by keeping it to himself now. If he had received much support and then behaved this way, that could be noteworthy. Nonetheless, congrats OP. Do let us know once your reservations are reinstated, as that part I’m curious about (re award availability issues).
Happy likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Have you all considered that in AA reinstating the OP's account maybe he was subject to a form of NDA? Assume the posts are factually correct this development also suggests recognition of overreach by AA Corp Security. I am glad, if so.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I do find it a bit unusual that this was resolved so quickly, especially on a holiday weekend..
“Unheard of” is how I’d describe it.

Originally Posted by ReinaDeLaSelva
Have you all considered that in AA reinstating the OP's account maybe he was subject to a form of NDA? Assume the posts are factually correct this development also suggests recognition of overreach by AA Corp Security. ..
Zero chance. Less than that really.
renila, Tanic, MorganB and 8 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Have you all considered that in AA reinstating the OP's account maybe he was subject to a form of NDA? Assume the posts are factually correct this development also suggests recognition of overreach by AA Corp Security. I am glad, if so.
Wouldn't that require someone from legal to draft or at least review/sign-off, as others have described, I find it far fetched that someone would be willing to do that the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Now I'm more curious about the reinstatement process/conversation than what the OP actually did. A lot of us that even getting the ear of AA was lofty challenge, let alone actual reinstatement.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
Now I'm more curious about the reinstatement process/conversation than what the OP actually did. A lot of us that even getting the ear of AA was lofty challenge, let alone actual reinstatement.
Seriously? You think his account was really reinstated? He has not been forthcoming about anything, least of all this.
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Seriously? You think his account was really reinstated? He has not been forthcoming about anything, least of all this.
No, he’s not serious— nobody believes that.
SJOGuy and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:50 pm

a form of NDA
I know DNA, MBA, NBA.
What is NDA?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Account reinstated. Nevermind.
Account reinstated. Nevermind.
I am done discussing this. AA has reinstated my account, and the issue is solved.
I am not sharing more info, and info has been deleted due to advice I have received. However, no terms have been violated. Miles have been earned via credit card spend. My wife and I were legitimately approved for the cards. I will update once this has been resolved fully.
I am not discussing the issue further, until it is resolved.
The account has been reinstated on a weekend, or it has not been reinstated. The OP has deleted or replaced significant post content, and may update later — but has decided he will not dis USS the issue any further. Other posts have been deleted by other participants in this thread. Much of the information and context have been lost.

The thread will be closed for now. If the OP wishes to add information of how this issue has been resolved or other significant information, he can contact Moderators to request the thread be reopened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.