Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I paid for premium coach exit row - no one else did but moved there!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I paid for premium coach exit row - no one else did but moved there!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by Cornelius Jonson
...just before take off, other passengers from coach helped themselves to those seats.
that plane (32B) has 12 rows of coach; 6 rows of MCE and 6 rows of standard coach. If someone moved up to row 11 from rows 12 to 16, they were already in MCE and just spreading out. If they were in rows 17-22, they self-upgraded. Before you get upset, you need to know where these people came from.
In my experience, FAs do a great job of stopping people self-upgrading into MCE. I've seen it many times.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I was once flying from LAX to LHR on a 777 (maybe 20% full) and checked myself into the last row in Y (no idea why I did not opt for MCE).

Was onboard and asked Purser if I kindly can swap into the MCE section and explained that my OW status would have allowed me to get these seats anyway for free. He then asked me for my OW card but still refused to give me a seat there ('I don't know how that works but other people pay for it, so I am sorry'). MCE was filled with 2 people (in the old config before Premium Eco with the larger MCE section).

Fine for me as it was in the end my own stupidity during check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.