Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK LHR in 1A

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

JFK LHR in 1A

Traveling in Dec JFK to LHR on a daytime flight (AA #142 ). I've selected seat 1A in J, just in case these are the rocking 777 seats.

My understanding is that 1A is reserved for pilot rest on the overnight flights. Is it generally open for the daytime flight? I don't want to be booted back to Y!

. . . Karl
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pilot rest seat requirements are, IIRC, based on the length of the flight (I think >8 hours). So if anything, the rest seat would be used on the daytime/westbound, and not the overnight/eastbound. If the seat was needed for a pilot, it would have been blocked. You should be fine.

ETA - so looking at Expertflyer, they do block 1A on the eastbound red eyes, but not the eastbound daytime. So maybe theres something else in the contract that necessitates the rest seat on the overnight even though its a shorter flight. Still, you should be okay, but 7L is a good seat too if thats available.

Last edited by ijgordon; Oct 31, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you so very much for your thoughtful reply, ijgordon. This community rocks!

. . . Karl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.