Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New “now boarding” notification on the app (Oct 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New “now boarding” notification on the app (Oct 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Today perfect scenario for this. Fail. EWR - DFW. Flight delayed. Never received any boarding announcements. Weather in DFW so boarding time was fluid, this is when you need the message to show up.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:43 pm

I found it useful on DL. Should be nice now that I fly AA. If you don’t care about making your boarding group and only want your assigned seat, it works out fine. Or if the club or restaurant is really close to the gate and you’re in an early boarding group like 3/4 but not necessarily 1.

It certainly doesn’t hurt anything and could help: It saved me recently in ATL. I got distracted talking to a friend I ran into two gates down. Didn’t hear the announcement. Lost track of time. App told me I was boarding. That was the last flight of the night, too, so I sure was happy I made it.
deeruck likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
No notification for me today in ORD. It needs to be reliable to be useful.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:03 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
No notification last night after hour long delay in PHL. This feature is worthless if it doesn’t work every time.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Another case of no notifications, Thursday night PHL-DFW. The seven flight delays were all pushed to the phone.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Going to turn on notifications for the AA App as it's a useful feature if it works reliably.
argolfer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Nothing this Thursday for PBI-DCA, received one last week though.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Tuesday at PHL and CLT - "now boarding" notifications received.
Thursday at IAH (Republic) - no notification.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Yesterday got the messages both at DCA (where we boarded before the advertised time) and MIA where I was at the gate and got the message more or less as I was boarding in group 1. The DCA message got me moving to the gate from the lounge and they were using the other line by the time I got to the gate (groups 5-9?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.