Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Mileage Reinstatement for EXP award for family member?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro

I'm EP on American and have booked a economy flight for my son from NYC to TYO in economy using my miles. If a J or Y award seat opens up on this routing, can I redeposit those miles and get the better award seat without paying a fee?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK 8 MILLION MILES, DL, UA MILLION MILER, MARRIOTT TITANIUM, HILTON DIAMOND, HERTZ PRESIDENTS
As EP you can redeposit.awards with no fee.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:14 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
You can always change same routing if you are spending more miles.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I'm EP on American and have booked a economy flight for my son from NYC to TYO in economy using my miles. If a J or Y award seat opens up on this routing, can I redeposit those miles and get the better award seat without paying a fee?
Yes. As long as the miles come from an EP’s account, the status of the ticketed passenger makes no difference with regard to being able to redeposit without penalty (doesn’t have to be a family member, either).
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: AA-CK, EXP, Platinum(lifetime platinum)
If you do request your miles be redeposited, keep an eye on your account to confirm that they were in fact redeposited. I recently had 90,000 miles disappear. I had to call again and was told the original agent cancelled the itinerary but never requested the mikes go back into my account
tfizzle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.