Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Favorite Flagship Lounge? (Discussion and Poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: My favorite Flagship Lounge is
Chicago / DFW
23.36%
Dallas - Ft. Worth / DFW
8.41%
Los Angeles / LAX
22.43%
Miami / MIA
13.08%
New York / JFK
32.71%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite Flagship Lounge? (Discussion and Poll)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
5. LAX. Don’t know what they are so proud of. DrAAgons guard food, that if it were a Chili’s, you’d send it back.
What do you mean by “guard food”?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by ikwia
What do you mean by “guard food”?
Poor choice of phrase. Perhaps better would be: Guard the door, and defend the interior.

Sorry for the confusion.

Continue to fly safely.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Poor choice of phrase. Perhaps better would be: Guard the door, and defend the interior.
Yes, this certainly applies. And at ORD, I’ve also noticed that if you don’t come off the elevator waving your invitation, they start in with their aggressive “this is not the AC” pitch.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by ikwia; Oct 21, 2019 at 11:01 pm
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Right by gate A27.
Really? You must have been in another airport. There is no Gate A27 at PHL.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
How sad that what should be AAs crown jewel of Flagship Lounges at their home airport is getting such bad comments and reviews.
metallo likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
ORD
MIA
LAX

Have not been to any others - MIA has been improving food wise lately and might surpass ORD. I have only been in LAX late evenings - so my view might be skewed.

I like MIA FlagShip First Dining in MIA the most.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
For me JFK and ORD are tops. I have not been to LAX yet. DFW is by far the worst for me. It gets very crowded, the food wasn’t as good as others and the seating options didn’t impress. I think I expected it to be fantastic because it is home base for AA.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've had the best experiences at ORD. I actually really like the fact that the FL is on its own level. On longer layovers, I've headed up to the AC to check things out, kept my invitation, and later headed down to the FL. The layout is nice, buffet is done nicely, drinks are well-stocked, staff are friendly (granted I recognize many of them from the past decade of flying through ORD), and I don't think I've ever seen it more than about 2/3 full.

LAX and JFK have been simply too overcrowded for my tastes, perhaps because I've always been there in the evening. They also don't seem to keep the buffets and bars stocked properly when items run out.

I probably haven't really been through MIA enough to give it proper review, but the last time I was there around 7 AM (lots of South America connections, perhaps), it was actually a bit tough to find open seats, but it seemed alright otherwise.

I'm not sure what the deal is with DFW. I've had only neutral or poor experiences there so far. The staff seem cold and unfriendly, and I have witnessed them being downright rude and unprofessional. It's as though they don't consider that the passengers in the lounge are potentially some of AA and OW's best customers. I have not witnessed this sort of behavior at other locations. I also haven't done FFD there yet, but the reviews seem to be mixed, with multiple service-related complaints. When the "fancy" toilets are the star of the show, it's time to re-think things.

Now, how about PHL 2020, CLT 2021, and PHX 2022?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
How sad that what should be AAs crown jewel of Flagship Lounges at their home airport is getting such bad comments and reviews.
I mean, when there is a thread about just the FL, you will definitely get the positives and negatives. Heck, I can name a few negatives about the QR Al Safwah FC lounge too. I wouldn't characterize this discussion as "bad comments and reviews"
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Since I didn’t actually give a ranking in my recent post, it would be:

1. ORD
2. MIA
3. JFK
4. LAX
5. DFW

DFW actually has the most potential to improve, but man, their execution has been quite flawed so far.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I voted for ORD as my top choice which is funny because it'd be my least favorite airport to travel through of those listed. I have never been to JFK so cannot comment on that. I'd probably rank them as follows:

1. ORD
2. LAX
3. MIA
4. DFW

You could probably flip LAX and MIA and I wouldn't argue much. I've been to LAX about a half dozen times and each of the others only once. My biggest reason for ranking these is based on layout. I've found most of the food, drinks, and showers as being for the most part similar among all of them. The layout in ORD is very nice and it was easy for me to find a secluded seat to not be bothered. I like the layout of DFW the least. I also didn't find the staff great at DFW and the last time I was there which was about 4 hours they weren't even doing any cook to order food (it was lunch time so maybe all don't). I've had excellent service at LAX both from agents when I needed help and the general staff.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
My ranking of the flagship lounges is as follows:

ORD > JFK > LAX > MIA > DFW

The poll at the beginning of this thread has Chicago listed as Chicago/DFW instead of Chicago/ORD. It would be great if that were corrected.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
JFK - breakfast and dinner very good, never too crowded, food is very fresh, home base.
LAX - I love the chicken fajitas when they are out, but oh so crowded now.
ORD - feels just a notch below the other two.
Haven't been to MIA or DFW yet.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
AA Lounge?

Qantas F Lounge in SYD
rbAA and tfizzle like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
+1 for JFK because of the bridge. FFD therealso has the best food in my opinion.
tfizzle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.