Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Adds Daily BOS-LHR, more MIA-GRU, LIM, SCL; earlier seasonal Europe (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
American will introduce an evening non-stop to LHR next March with an early morning return flight. (It is also increasing the frequency of service from MIA to Lima, Santiago, and São Paulo.

Source: American Airlines to Add Boston-London Service, Increase Frequencies on 3 South American Flights
Print Wikipost

AA Adds Daily BOS-LHR, more MIA-GRU, LIM, SCL; earlier seasonal Europe (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by tacostuff
About two years ago I flew a 330 from PHL to BOS (!). I'm pretty sure it parked on the LUS side (pre-consolidation), so I think there is capability on that side for a widebody.
There’s a 763 on the route now, I’m on it this Sunday.

Curious as to the 772 on the BOS-LHR route as well, but happy to see this route return. I never minded the 757 service back in the day and while I’ve not yet tried BA’s new J, I generally prefer AA J hard product to BA J hard product.

While I know the c suite at AA is banking on the opposite, I’m really hoping additional flights on this route drives down pricing. Five to six thousand r/t for leisure flying is a bit much.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I just wish they would add LAX-SCL when LATAM exits OneWorld.
Its possible that they will at some point but I also think that without the onward connections at SCL it will become less important of a station over time. For example, Zurich was once an important place for connections with SWISS and there were multiple flights (DFW, etc.) that took people there. When LH bought SWISS that came to an end.

Also, without the support of the LA connections AA has a broader map to worry about. That doesn't mean that they will add routes but its at least as likely as dumping more people into SCL on AA metal.

Last edited by millionmiler; Oct 21, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
The new flight will depart BOS TB to LHR T3 15 minutes after BA's A380 departs from BOS TE to LHR T3. Not sure what benefit this provides to travelers other than a 30 minute longer scheduled flight time ...?

The return route actually does make sense, with it being OW's earliest non-stop from LHR to BOS, departing T3 @ 9:35a arriving 12:35p, but again, a 30 minute longer scheduled flight than on BA metal.

It seems the 772 will sit at BOS for more than six hours while it awaits its next leg to LHR each day, including the tug from its arrival gate at E over to its departure gate at B.

Last edited by chrisSC; Nov 9, 2019 at 3:35 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:27 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I believe it does take a decent amount of time for CBP to give the plane back to AA once all of the passengers have de-planed, and then they have to have it towed over to Terminal B. When you factor in the fact that AA starts boarding a 777 at 50 min before departure, and that the ground crew and pilots need some time before that with the plane sitting at Terminal B, six hours seems like a reasonable amount of time with some padding.

Incidentally, I got on a flight leaving from gate B10, and I noticed that B10 has markings on the ground for a 772 and a 789, however the widebodies have to be parked at an angle and the narrowbodies do not. It seems that this was a part of the recent small extension of the Terminal B pier; I wonder if it was an AA request or a Massport foresight.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The 772 arrives in BOS from MIA at 1705 as AA1170 and departs at 1930 as AA108.

This equipment is a nice add for travel to MIA given the Premium Economy seat at booking for PLT and above. Unless AA sells as separate class, which is highly unlikely, it’s a complimentary “F seat” domestically for travel to MIA. Given F prices to MIA ex-BOS, I’ll take this 772 any day...
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:49 am

Possibly redeeming miles for a flight, LIM-WAS, mid-April. I can book, but receive a message "flight subject to government/regulatory approval". Does this mean the flight is not fully approved as of this date? (Message for both AA1558 and AA350 - LIM-MIA.) Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by lamphs
Possibly redeeming miles for a flight, LIM-WAS, mid-April. I can book, but receive a message "flight subject to government/regulatory approval". Does this mean the flight is not fully approved as of this date? (Message for both AA1558 and AA350 - LIM-MIA.) Thanks.
Yes, but the chance of it being not approved or there being an approval delay is so slim it's not worth thinking about.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by DWFI
Yes, but the chance of it being not approved or there being an approval delay is so slim it's not worth thinking about.
Thanks...that was what I was thinking also since the flight can be booked.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:29 pm

So that's where 108 and 109 went, when they renumbered all the LAX-LHR flights to contiguous numbers.

Last edited by ShortDog; Jan 12, 2020 at 7:04 am
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
LHR -BOS new AA service?

What’s happening about AA’s new LHR-BOS service? Is it still starting up at the end of Oct?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pompeyflyer
What’s happening about AA’s new LHR-BOS service? Is it still starting up at the end of Oct?
Yes

https://www.american-airlines.nl/tra...chedule/result
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pompeyflyer
Originally Posted by irishguy28
AA's current LHR schedule load for the end of October is still showing the old, pre-covid full schedule. Every flight from every hub, BOS, RDU, etc. So yes, technically the flight is loaded at the moment, however there's every indication that a number of these October starts will get cut soon, as they have been since ~April.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
AA's current LHR schedule load for the end of October is still showing the old, pre-covid full schedule. Every flight from every hub, BOS, RDU, etc. So yes, technically the flight is loaded at the moment, however there's every indication that a number of these October starts will get cut soon, as they have been since ~April.
Flying that route in Feb I will be securing alternate flights on a different carrier as I don’t think this route will materialize this winter.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:45 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by asnovici
Flying that route in Feb I will be securing alternate flights on a different carrier as I don’t think this route will materialize this winter.
The other options are going to be British Airways (which you can also book as an AA codeshare) which is currently flying every day, and Delta, which is flying a few times a week. If you are reasonably confident that the AA-operated flight will not operate, it may be worth it to book it and then ask for any reasonable reroute (e.g. AA via JFK or DFW, BA's nonstop) when it gets pulled off the schedule.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by VFR
The other options are going to be British Airways (which you can also book as an AA codeshare) which is currently flying every day, and Delta, which is flying a few times a week. If you are reasonably confident that the AA-operated flight will not operate, it may be worth it to book it and then ask for any reasonable reroute (e.g. AA via JFK or DFW, BA's nonstop) when it gets pulled off the schedule.
That’s part of the plan but needs to connect to DME flight at LHR. Looks like BA schedule works for that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.