Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Round-Trip Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Round-Trip Discounts

I noticed some fares on my regular route, PHL-LAS, that appear to be cheaper as round-trips than as two one-ways.

I was looking to go out Dec. 7 and return Dec. 14. The one-way main cabin fares are around $249. However if you take the westbound 5:50PM departure the round-trip fare is $355 and if you take any other nonstop it's $416.

The round-trip first class fare is $1161, while the one-ways are $608.

I'd have been much happier if I didn't need extra EQD's to make EXP for 2020.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Nothing new here. The days of big discounts for roundtrip/sat stay have generally long been over for domestic US travel. But there remain plenty of markets like yours that keep a discount. Check out PHL-TYS (Knoxville) for a more extreme example: $608 one way in coach, but $323 roundtrip, essentially any day of the week, for 90 min in an all-coach E45 or CRJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.