Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lawsuit Against AA-- Mistreatment of Pregnant Passenger, Emotional Support Dog

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lawsuit Against AA-- Mistreatment of Pregnant Passenger, Emotional Support Dog

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At least (presumably) the husband and father had paid tickets and weren't trying to travel as freebies.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I'll give her this, she was flying on a J class ticket...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by swingaling

Filing in federal court has to do with the amount of damages sought (more than $75k) and different states of domicile for plaintiff and defendant. It’s not necessarily related to the importance of the case.
Exactly my point.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:11 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
26. To date, Plaintiff has been a nervous wreck,
in which case she should not have been flying at all!

and has been severely distraught. Her anxiety has increased substantially, and she has not yet recovered from her mental pain and anguish.
She has recovered enough to brief a lawyer, and the only thing that has increased is her desire for MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What does pregnancy have to do with this? I'm confused.
Nothing, other than it adds sensationalism to the story...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
My guess is she will get something, probably a few hundred thousand, of which the attorney will take 33%. The attorney will then become the go-to lawyer for these types of frivolous cases, which will then multiply other the next few years. The airlines wont care, as they will just cut services and/or raise fares to off-set the loss. The average passenger however, will end up paying for this, in the form of more expensive travel...
chitink and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by 757FO
Nothing, other than it adds sensationalism to the story...
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Well ... if you've seen the movie, you'll understand the sensationalism and how they can afford to fly on paid J/F.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Dogs_(2016_film)
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
She's gotta pay for that J ticket somehow... Have you ever seen Heartbreakers?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by 757FO
My guess is she will get something, probably a few hundred thousand, of which the attorney will take 33%. The attorney will then become the go-to lawyer for these types of frivolous cases, which will then multiply other the next few years. The airlines wont care, as they will just cut services and/or raise fares to off-set the loss. The average passenger however, will end up paying for this, in the form of more expensive travel...
I think you're giving more merit to the claims than they're worth. My guess is that this will get dismissed on demurrer or lost on summary judgement.
AA100k likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
This lawsuit just an attempt at a money grab. I hope AA and the other airlines finally end this ESA farce now that they’re getting hit with lawsuits and crew and passengers are getting bitten.
GrumpyYoungMan and chitink like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
I think you're giving more merit to the claims than they're worth. My guess is that this will get dismissed on demurrer or lost on summary judgement.
I agree 100%.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the dog was in a carrier, the FA might have assumed that it was flying as a pet rather than an ESA. On some aircraft, there's no space for a pet carrier under the seat in business class, so pets are prohibited there. At least the FA didn't put it in the overhead bin.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anybody asked the dog if it made to fly against it's will and traumatize?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
What does pregnancy have to do with this? I'm confused.
Drama. 100% Drama.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
If the dog was in a carrier, the FA might have assumed that it was flying as a pet rather than an ESA. On some aircraft, there's no space for a pet carrier under the seat in business class, so pets are prohibited there. At least the FA didn't put it in the overhead bin.
The FA should have put the mutt on the wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.