Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What Can You Do if an AAgent Misinforms You?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Can You Do if an AAgent Misinforms You?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Also judging by the tone of the author of the blog post - I would imagine he was in attack mode and wasn't listening. BUT how many of us on here call and get three different answers to the same question?
This is my pet peeve with many companies these days, not just AA. I swear people just make stuff up. I see it in my day job all the time. People say "it's the policy" when there's no such thing. The days of people learning their jobs, being properly trained, being motivated to do them well, etc. are over.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
The blog post author made it clear that the main reason he was pissed wasn't just over AA policy but the fact that the agent didn't inform him that if he missed his first segment they would cancel the rest of his itinerary. Although he was irate in the post I don't see any reason to doubt that the agent failed to inform him of this as he claims. He said that had he been informed he would have kept his original itinerary and simply missed the ceremony. I imagine he could still have attended the reception, etc.

To my mind, it's pretty terrible customer service for the airline agent to have let him rebook just the first segment and not informed him his further itinerary would be cancelled.

Furthermore -- had the agent informed him of this -- he might have been able to rebook the whole itinerary with another airline or airlines which might have been cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.