Search

DFW A - Au Bon Pain gone (to merge)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Is Au Bon Pain really that much healthier compared to McDonald's? Looking at the nutrition menu for both, it doesn't look like Au Bon Pain is really much healthier. A Big Mac has 29g of fat and 540 cal. Most of the sandwiches (especially the hot sandwiches) at Au Bon Pain seem to have similar fat and calorie content. There are also relatively healthier items at McDonalds (e.g., Grilled Chicken sandwiches).

I am by no means a fan of McDonalds, but I'm not sure Au Bon Pain necessarily is a healthier option in general. They're both fast food in my book.

Au Bon Pain
McDonalds
Any “healthy” place has high fat and calorie items. Look at Panera. Half the stuff on that menu is high in fat and cals.

I only order the harvest chicken salad sandwich at au bon pain. Arguably the healthiest item in the menu. Sales must have been poor for them to pull out.
on-a-stick likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
pappas greek salad and grilled shrimp...

Piece of grilled fish w veggie sides

ton of other 'not fried/not breaded' stuff. Stay away from carbs...

you still think its the fat that is the problem?

Oh trust me it may seem healthy with “grilled” and “veggies” but I can almost guarantee that entree has more fat grams than 2 Big Macs. Of course they don’t have nutritional values....
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by asf-07
sadly there's an economics lesson in there somewhere...
You mean more like a public health policy disaster and a cultural abomination...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
FWIW I went to Cousins BBQ at B and ordered what I hoped was the leanest thing on the menu--the smoked chicken sandwich. Just 4 cleanly cut pieces of chicken on a bun and that's it. It was very good.
I hit that one last time I was in DFW a few weeks ago. Wasn't expecting much from airport BBQ but was pleasantly surprised, it was very good. I'll be making more trips over to B for this.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I honestly haven’t eaten at a DFW terminal joint in maybe 10 years.

ORD, yes but only for the Chili’s LOL
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:30 pm

I’ve been spending quite a bit of time partaking in a liquid lunch at that new Flying Saucer bar in terminal D. If you like craft beer, you should check it out.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by anaggie
Half dozen oysters raw
Half order of the Crawfish Étouffée with dirty rice

Eat a plate of raw veggies at the Admirals Club and I am set.
I have never eaten there and have always wanted to try it. I haven't because I go to New Orleans 2-4 times a year and don't think it would be as good as I get down there. Am I missing out?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:33 am

I saw what may be a new construction area for ABP in A today - it was next to the high-A skylink hallway.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bchandler02
I saw what may be a new construction area for ABP in A today - it was next to the high-A skylink hallway.
Really? That’s where the old one was but was “boarded” up. I went on their
Website and noticed the DFW location was no longer there.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by ksucats
I have never eaten there and have always wanted to try it. I haven't because I go to New Orleans 2-4 times a year and don't think it would be as good as I get down there. Am I missing out?
Not at all especially if you got to NOLA that many times year. In ELP, we don't have any cajun restaurants and I like eating cajun food every once in a while.
ksucats likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:40 am

I'll just repost what I posted in the Terminal E satellite thread a few weeks back:
Originally Posted by Check
It seems like most airports are doing a good job of getting interesting local restaurants to open up airport locations but DFW is just "Here's a Dickies!" or "Let's open a Chili's in C right down the hall from the TGI Fridays!"

Although Whataburger is a good add...
Flew through DFW earlier in the week and it looked like they were adding a new Panda Express, which is very on-brand. I'm still shocked that they closed the Taco Bell in C, seemed like T. Bell was a perfect fit for the ambiance they're working on creating.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Check
I'll just repost what I posted in the Terminal E satellite thread a few weeks back:

Flew through DFW earlier in the week and it looked like they were adding a new Panda Express, which is very on-brand. I'm still shocked that they closed the Taco Bell in C, seemed like T. Bell was a perfect fit for the ambiance they're working on creating.
There is a subway in B so you can still get a good sandwich halfway healthy.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Gold
Artisan Market in D isn’t bad for sandwiches.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOSishome
Artisan Market in D isn’t bad for sandwiches.
I will have to try that unfortunately I'm not in D often. 80% of my flights are in A, 20% in C it seems.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Really? That’s where the old one was but was “boarded” up. I went on their
Website and noticed the DFW location was no longer there.
Ah, ok, that could be. I couldn't tell if they had boarded it up for closure, or were building it out. I thought I remembered it being in the food court areas so I thought this one may be new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.