Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Intl to Domestic connection in LIM and baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat

I'm flying PHL-MIA-LIM-CUZ next week. All on one single AA ticket with AA flight numbers. The first two flights are on AA metal, and the last flight is on LA metal. I have an overnight connection in LIM before flying to CUZ on LA. I understand that AA generally won't short-check my bags to LIM. Two questions:

1. Is this like the US, where I will get my bags in LIM, clear customs, then have to recheck my bags?
2. I'm planning on storing most of my luggage when I arrive in LIM at left luggage for a couple days while I'm in CUZ and collecting it when I return to LIM. Does anyone foresee a problem with this?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
You will collect your bags in Lima, clear customs, and exit land-side, so short-checking won't be an issue.

Where are you planning on storing your bags? AFAIK, there are no facilities to do this at the airport.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Thank you for this. I was under the impression that there is a left luggage desk at LIM. The below is copied from a webpage I came across. Is this facility no longer there?

Left Luggage (Luggage Storage, Lockers & Facilities)
The left luggage (luggage storage) at the Lima International Airport is located in the domestic arrivals area. It is opened 24 hours and costs S/. 24.00 (Peruvian Soles) per day (24 hours) and S/. 4.00 per hour and piece of luggage. Big items (like surf boards) set you back with S/. 8.00 per hour. The service has to be paid in cash (no credit cards are accepted for this service), but payment can be made in US$ or Peruvian Soles.

Left Luggage Price per piece: S/. 4.00 per hour - S/. 24.00 per day

Additionally you have the option to store smaller luggage pieces in lockers. A locker costs S/. 38 per day (24 hours) or S/. 8 per hour for all you can fit in. The dimensions of the lockers are 45 cm (wide) x 60 cm (long) x 75 cm (high).

Left Luggage Price in a locker: S/. 8.00 per hour - S/. 38.00 per day

Please note that discounts are offered for the storage of lots of luggage or for the storage for an expanded period of time.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A number of sources reflect the left luggage in the Domestic Arrivals, and I suspect they’d store the baggage at the adjacent Costa Del Sol Wyndham hotel on the airport grounds (it’s a Wyndham, but I’ve used it for overnight connections because it’s convenient and clean).

I often refer to sleepinginairports.net for airport information. LIM https://www.sleepinginairports.net/g...port-guide.htm

Another source: The left luggage (luggage storage) at the Lima International Airport is located in the domestic arrivals area. It is opened 24 hours and costs S/. 24.00 (Peruvian Soles) per day (24 hours) and S/. 4.00 per hour and piece of luggage.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
A number of sources reflect the left luggage in the Domestic Arrivals, and I suspect they’d store the baggage at the adjacent Costa Del Sol Wyndham hotel on the airport grounds (it’s a Wyndham, but I’ve used it for overnight connections because it’s convenient and clean).
Indeed, it's sort of an austere looking hotel building, but it's perfectly serviceable inside and I wouldn't have any qualms about storing bags there. In fact, there is a small spa inside where I had a fantastic Thai-style massage once during a layover. The facilities were nothing special but the price and the massage were great.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
This is from the official airport website:

https://www.lima-airport.com/eng/for...age-protection

And apparently it is right outside international arrivals

One would hope that the official airport website has current and correct info.

Personally, I have never used the service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.