LAX - recliner
PHX - recliner, occasional lie flat
Print Wikipost

AA flat bed seat service to Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Does anyone have any updated resources to point to the seasonal 787 flights out of Chicago to Hawaii?

For 3 separate trips we have DFW, PHX, and on the way back for one the 787 through ORD.

Booking for 10/24/2020 and all I can see as a good option is the 777-200 DFW-OGG. Our routing is going to have to be RST-ORD, overnight (using a hilton free night cert), then ORD-DFW, DFW-OGG. Does not appear that there is the 787 ORD-HNL available in late October. (would willing take ORD-HNL and then HA HNL-OGG if the ORD 787 was available)
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Does anyone have any updated resources to point to the seasonal 787 flights out of Chicago to Hawaii?

For 3 separate trips we have DFW, PHX, and on the way back for one the 787 through ORD.

Booking for 10/24/2020 and all I can see as a good option is the 777-200 DFW-OGG. Our routing is going to have to be RST-ORD, overnight (using a hilton free night cert), then ORD-DFW, DFW-OGG. Does not appear that there is the 787 ORD-HNL available in late October. (would willing take ORD-HNL and then HA HNL-OGG if the ORD 787 was available)
I don’t think the flight usually starts until December IIRC.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I know these flights don't get a full second meal, but most other service aspects are similar to international. From what I recall, these flights always had amenity kits, but my last few did not. Did they discontinue or did I just lucky on a few flights?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I know these flights don't get a full second meal, but most other service aspects are similar to international. From what I recall, these flights always had amenity kits, but my last few did not. Did they discontinue or did I just lucky on a few flights?
I don’t recall getting amenity kits on my F DFW-HNL rt in April 2019. While the soft product was better than other domestic F from DFW, I wouldn’t confuse it with transatlantic J from DFW.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Close2KADS
I don’t recall getting amenity kits on my F DFW-HNL rt in April 2019. While the soft product was better than other domestic F from DFW, I wouldn’t confuse it with transatlantic J from DFW.
I did not get one in 2016 or 2017 either.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by Antarius
I did not get one in 2016 or 2017 either.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Never had an amenity kit on the Hawaii-DFW routes. You do get a full meal and a continental breakfast (yogurt/fresh fruit/muffin) on the redeye flights. Quite a few decades back, there were amenity kits provided on the DC10's and 767's.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
Never had an amenity kit on the Hawaii-DFW routes. You do get a full meal and a continental breakfast (yogurt/fresh fruit/muffin) on the redeye flights. Quite a few decades back, there were amenity kits provided on the DC10's and 767's.
Flown ORD-HNL on the 788 in First twice and DFW-OGG/OGG-DFW on the 777 in First about 8 times. Only 1 time (December 2, 2019) on the ORD-HNL route did I actually get an amenity kit. I just assumed they had some extra. Never gotten one any other time.
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.