Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Most EQM without hitting EXP EQD requirement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most EQM without hitting EXP EQD requirement?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by IflyonAA

which you most likely will not be able to use!
This is killing me right now. A bunch of EF alerts just went off telling me there is C-space on flights I want to book, but since i'm still a few hundred short of $15k, no SWU to apply...
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
This is killing me right now. A bunch of EF alerts just went off telling me there is C-space on flights I want to book, but since i'm still a few hundred short of $15k, no SWU to apply...
Cash & Miles?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Cash & Miles?
I am going to chance it and hope that the space is still there when the EQD come through.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I am going to chance it and hope that the space is still there when the EQD come through.
Thats optimistic if you
Dallas49er and GTITAN like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewp123

Thats optimistic if you
Living dangerously
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AA100k
I recall the bad old days before revenue based status on AA when I was spending $20k+ on travel annually and sitting in the back as a PLT while the premium cabin was filled with bloggers and mileage runners who got to EXP for $3k on mistake fares and mileage runs.
I think the percentage of flyers out there who fit into this category is tiny.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
I'm trying to optimize my EQDs but even though I always reach 100k before I hit $15k (or $12.5 in the past). Now I'm at $15.5k EQD having spent ~$10k on tickets with 121k EQM and 33 segments. By the end of the year I will likely hit 150k but not sure yet -- there are very attractive SkyTeam fares from NYC to Europe in J/PE which I might take advantage of. And what's the point after all? EQDs do not roll over, neither do EQMs...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
If you don't mind me asking, which partners/routings and rough cost? Always looking for cheap J routings.
I, well my wife always starts with BA on their own site, and then AA, also using google flights,
you will find decent deals right after New year probably in teh $2200 to $2700 going thru LHR of course. I will usually book a few trips at that point
I have found some decent deals on Qatar for around $2600, but they have a minimum stay of 6 or 7 days, which most times is too long for me
I tend to be in BOM for about 3 to 4 nights
hope that helps.. ;like with any deals you just have to keep looking, getting on Qatar email list also helps, they send out fares deals about 3x a month
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer
I, well my wife always starts with BA on their own site, and then AA, also using google flights,
you will find decent deals right after New year probably in teh $2200 to $2700 going thru LHR of course. I will usually book a few trips at that point
I have found some decent deals on Qatar for around $2600, but they have a minimum stay of 6 or 7 days, which most times is too long for me
I tend to be in BOM for about 3 to 4 nights
hope that helps.. ;like with any deals you just have to keep looking, getting on Qatar email list also helps, they send out fares deals about 3x a month
Thx
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
If you don't mind me asking, which partners/routings and rough cost? Always looking for cheap J routings.
MrsDallas49er (Who still has all of her First Communion money in the bank) uses these also:
#1 is a paysite, and well worth the price.

#2 is very useful for finding out who is terribly proud of themselves, and who wants to fill seats, as a starting point. Sometimes a gem shows up!

1. https://www.firstclassflyer.com/monthly-advisor/ A

2. https://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dallas49er
MrsDallas49er (Who still has all of her First Communion money in the bank) uses these also:
#1 is a paysite, and well worth the price.

#2 is very useful for finding out who is terribly proud of themselves, and who wants to fill seats, as a starting point. Sometimes a gem shows up!

1. https://www.firstclassflyer.com/monthly-advisor/ A

2. https://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Thx.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Count me in for the opposite side of the spectrum, 17.6k EQD and only 41k EQM via 77 EQS. Small AA dominated markets (ORD to east of the Mississippi river) and a weekly sub 500 mile connector skews my stats.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Count me in for the opposite side of the spectrum, 17.6k EQD and only 41k EQM via 77 EQS. Small AA dominated markets (ORD to east of the Mississippi river) and a weekly sub 500 mile connector skews my stats.
sorry OP that sounds painful
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
7.1k EQD and 76k EQM... so on track to be looking for *any* source of EQDs by end of year to re-qual EXP :/
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by lizthegrey
7.1k EQD and 76k EQM... so on track to be looking for *any* source of EQDs by end of year to re-qual EXP :/
70% of your EQDs at less than a quarter of your EQMs. Too bad we can't trade!

Taking my YTD numbers and extrapolating to a full-year pace, I will do about 38K EQMs on $10K in spend this year. Last year I totaled 54K EQMs (excluding credit card spend bonus EQMs) on just over $10K in spend.

While I don't much care about status, it surprises me that AA doesn't offer a path to status that relies exclusively on spend.

Last edited by Herb687; Jun 29, 2019 at 11:37 am Reason: correct math

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.