Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Terrible Experience at LAX, Unable to Apply Upgrades, Told to Take Another Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Experience at LAX, Unable to Apply Upgrades, Told to Take Another Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
1. Based on the experiences of another poster above, it's not in fact a simple process. Apparently upgrades with separate PNRs often run into issues.
2. Personally, I think it's debatable that it should be a simple process, especially when you combine the fact of separate PNRs with the fact that the sponsoring account did not have the requisite number of stickers at the time of the upgrade. To me, the latter fact is relevant in determining fault; others can disagree.
3. It is not AA's fault that LAX was a zoo on that particular day. Does that mean OP should have shown up 3 or 4 hours early? No. But I don't think that changes or affects AA's level of fault.
Also,

If it is complicated, AA should not offer it as an option. Can you imagine if we applied this standard to a restaurant? Yes, you can customize your pizza, but it will take 2 hours longer.

AA does not require having stickers at the time of upgrade. If this is an issue, they should change the rules. But having rules, having someone follow the rules and still not handle it properly- that is 100% on AA.
ijgordon, no1cub17 and Gino Troian like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Guess who just got a survey about Monday's flight?!

ijgordon, wrp96, Antarius and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Just got my response from AA--they are refunding the extra $200 that I paid:

June 18, 2019

Hello Mr. (donotblink):

Thank you for contacting American Airlines.

We appreciate your writing to tell us about the problem you encountered when you traveled with us. Mr. (donotblink), please accept my apology and also my thanks for giving us the opportunity to correct the situation.

In light of the information you've provided, I have submitted a refund request for the value of the additional upgrade fee. To check the status of your refund, visit www.refunds.aa.com. Please allow ten business days for the information to be available.

Mr. (donotblink), as an AAdvantageŽ Executive Platinum member, you are one of our most valued customers. We are eager to demonstrate the high quality service you expect and we want to deliver. Please travel with us again soon. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

(redacted)
Customer Relations
American Airlines

AA Ref#1-(redacted)
JJeffrey and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.