Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by enviroian
There are plenty of seats available in Y for the 6 pm flight but AA and this silly E crap won't let me change.
There are exactly 0 seats in Y for sale on the 6 pm flight per the availability shown above. The buckets showing 7 are for F.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:44 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I read the wiki but still aren't clear on this. I want to change to the later 3:05 or 6 pm Phx-Lgb flight tomorrow but E is zero. Does the E requirement also apply as an EXP? So far it's saying no flights available.
E must be available (and is required for everyone).

I have been able to do a SDC about 90% of the times I wanted to. Even for flights that are Y<7, E inventory sometimes opens up closer to departure.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
There are plenty of seats available in Y for the 6 pm flight but AA and this silly E crap won't let me change.
Know the facts before you post. The flight is completed sold out in Y. If you can't understand the simplicity of Y 0 etc, theres plenty of resources online. Complaining and saying negative remarks on top of claiming "plenty of seats available" doesn't help whatsoever.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Know the facts before you post. The flight is completed sold out in Y. If you can't understand the simplicity of Y 0 etc, theres plenty of resources online. Complaining and saying negative remarks on top of claiming "plenty of seats available" doesn't help whatsoever.
I see that now. No need to be that way. That being said there is Y availability on the earlier flight will they typically open up E closer to departure time?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I see that now. No need to be that way. That being said there is Y availability on the earlier flight will they typically open up E closer to departure time?
It's theoretically possible that they will open a seat in E, but with Y1 I doubt it.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
SDC only works for me if I'm flying A to B, and even then, it's pretty low. It baffles me seeing 90% rates here. I flew 200k last year on AA, and only two times total - nonstop DEN to LAX and DEN to PHX did I have the option to confirm a change.

would like to see AA loosen up the identical routing requirement for 2017 now that You earn based on spend and not distance.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by BThumme
would like to see AA loosen up the identical routing requirement for 2017 now that You earn based on spend and not distance.
Right?? It's about give and take. AA has been taking but giving nothing. Their SDC is crap and is useless compared to UA's (you can fly different routes, segments, etc--amazing feature and do it on the app)
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Perhaps once the conversion of airport agents to QIK is complete, AA will allow their SDFC algorithm to allow routing changes again now that it won't be possible for the agent to mess it up.

I highly doubt it, but one can dream.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Same Day Change - Connecting in JFK vs LGA

I'm scheduled to fly DCA-LGA/JFK-ZRH this week. I have a 5 hour connection in New York so there is time to make this connection work, but I would really prefer to fly DCA-JFK to make the connection easier. Is this a same day change AA would allow? I know they do not like to recognize co-terminals, but because I am not actually changing my destination airport will they allow me to switch? I'm also planning to check a bag, not sure if that further complicates things. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
You can try and see if an agent will do it for you, but I doubt it going by the AA site:

You cannot change your itinerary to a city with multiple airports or to a different connecting city

https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...day-travel.jsp
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by SpinOn2
You can try and see if an agent will do it for you, but I doubt it going by the AA site:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...day-travel.jsp
Hmmm. My initial reaction to OP's post was "not going to happen" but this technically would not be a different connecting city, only a different connecting airport in the same city. (I expect I am splitting hairs and that AA will still view it as changing the connecting 'city' but worth a try)
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There's a thread regarding domestic SDC, with a pretty extensive wiki:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...c-standby.html

My initial read on this is:
- You can't change co-terminals, so it's a no
- While one of the segments in your ticket is domestic, I believe SDC requires the whole ticket to be domestic. Since your second segment is international, this would probably also disqualify you

You might be able to standby into the DCA-JFK flight on the day of travel though, especially if you're an Admirals Club member.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
There's a thread regarding domestic SDC, with a pretty extensive wiki:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...c-standby.html

My initial read on this is:
- You can't change co-terminals, so it's a no
- While one of the segments in your ticket is domestic, I believe SDC requires the whole ticket to be domestic. Since your second segment is international, this would probably also disqualify you

You might be able to standby into the DCA-JFK flight on the day of travel though, especially if you're an Admirals Club member.
Since when can't you SDC on an international ticket? I've only flown AA since October, but I've been offered SDC on international tickets multiple times.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Since when can't you SDC on an international ticket? I've only flown AA since October, but I've been offered SDC on international tickets multiple times.
International SDFC is limited to Canada, Caribbean and JFK-LHR. It's been that way for a while now.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sukn
International SDFC is limited to Canada, Caribbean and JFK-LHR. It's been that way for a while now.
I did SDC for flights to PVG just last month. Online via the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.