New AA USA - Europe services for 2019

Old Apr 26, 19, 11:46 am
  #1  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,853
New AA USA - Europe services for 2019

American is adding permanent and seasonal services between hub airports in the USA and European destinations.
Attached Images  
ChrL and VaBeachGirl like this.
JDiver is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 12:04 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: AUS
Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Posts: 4,751
I'm sorry, is there anything new here? It seems most of these routes were long ago announced... (but I can't claim to have them memorized)

Regards
scubadu is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 12:34 pm
  #3  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,853
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
I'm sorry, is there anything new here? It seems most of these routes were long ago announced... (but I can't claim to have them memorized)

Regards
I’m sure they were, but there’s no thread mentioning the group of changes and additions.
JDiver is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 12:35 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 17,050
Main AA Eu flights thread---> Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 12:37 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 7,345
#oldnews
jerryss and Flying Yazata like this.
AANYC1981 is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:33 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Posts: 21,725
Now if one can't get a SWU to clear in advance on a flight to CROATIA then there truly is a problem.

Air Houston likes this.
enviroian is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:35 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 7,046
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Now if one can't get a SWU to clear in advance on a flight to CROATIA then there truly is a problem.

You kidding? AA is packing the J cabins on those leisure flights. Mostly retirees going on cruises. I dont think I have ever seen an empty J seat on the leisure routes to Europe they have added. Lots of money in those destinations, just not road warriors.
BearX220 and morrisunc like this.
arlflyer is online now  
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:56 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,654
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
You kidding? AA is packing the J cabins on those leisure flights. Mostly retirees going on cruises. I dont think I have ever seen an empty J seat on the leisure routes to Europe they have added. Lots of money in those destinations, just not road warriors.
Yep, my parents typically fly J when they do, as long as the price is reasonable.
USFlyerUS is online now  
Old Apr 26, 19, 5:02 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,843
Isn't PHL-PRG a new route? I don't see that on the list.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 5:15 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 7,046
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Isn't PHL-PRG a new route? I don't see that on the list.
Started in 2018.
arlflyer is online now  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:17 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: DFW/PHL
Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Posts: 612
It was discussed in this thread, with a more informative graphic that includes aircraft and frequencies:

SK likes this.
flightrisk is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:31 pm
  #12  
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BWI
Posts: 7,294
I don’t know why AA sent that email today promoting as if this was news. Sounds like bookings on some routes aren’t doing so hot and AA felt compelled to “remind” their customers about the new routes.

With that said, I like the direction AA is going with adding/testing new routes and expanding their global footprint. I won’t be surprised to see AA launch flights to Casablanca next year or when they start receiving new 787s.
golfingboy is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:45 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PIT
Posts: 759
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
I don’t know why AA sent that email today promoting as if this was news. Sounds like bookings on some routes aren’t doing so hot and AA felt compelled to “remind” their customers about the new routes.

With that said, I like the direction AA is going with adding/testing new routes and expanding their global footprint. I won’t be surprised to see AA launch flights to Casablanca next year or when they start receiving new 787s.
Actually, I wouldn't at all be surprised if AA returned to Israel, once additional 787-900s arrive.
golfingboy and Antarius like this.
perseus11 is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:48 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I 35 south bound, finally stopped
Programs: AA EXP, LT Plt, 4mm, *A Silver, Free Agent
Posts: 1,268
I do think it has to do with seats to land and sea trips for the retiring boomers. That would include us. We have 4 trips that way between now and Jan 2020. Those are pretty much consolidator fares, however it did allow us both to reach EXP last year. And people think its all about cruises, but the land based high end tours are really taking off.
boerne is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:55 pm
  #15  
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BWI
Posts: 7,294
Originally Posted by perseus11 View Post
Actually, I wouldn't at all be surprised if AA returned to Israel, once additional 787-900s arrive.
100% agree that TLV is a huge hole and I think AA is definitely leaving money on the table by not swallowing their pride and settling an open case they have in Israel.

DL/UA is making bank in TLV.
golfingboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: