Search

New AA USA - Europe services for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
New AA USA - Europe services for 2019

American is adding permanent and seasonal services between hub airports in the USA and European destinations.
Attached Images  
ChrL and VaBeachGirl like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I'm sorry, is there anything new here? It seems most of these routes were long ago announced... (but I can't claim to have them memorized)

Regards
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm sorry, is there anything new here? It seems most of these routes were long ago announced... (but I can't claim to have them memorized)

Regards
I’m sure they were, but there’s no thread mentioning the group of changes and additions.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Main AA Eu flights thread---> Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
#oldnews
jerryss and Flying Yazata like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Now if one can't get a SWU to clear in advance on a flight to CROATIA then there truly is a problem.

Air Houston likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Now if one can't get a SWU to clear in advance on a flight to CROATIA then there truly is a problem.

You kidding? AA is packing the J cabins on those leisure flights. Mostly retirees going on cruises. I dont think I have ever seen an empty J seat on the leisure routes to Europe they have added. Lots of money in those destinations, just not road warriors.
BearX220 and morrisunc like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
You kidding? AA is packing the J cabins on those leisure flights. Mostly retirees going on cruises. I dont think I have ever seen an empty J seat on the leisure routes to Europe they have added. Lots of money in those destinations, just not road warriors.
Yep, my parents typically fly J when they do, as long as the price is reasonable.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Isn't PHL-PRG a new route? I don't see that on the list.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Isn't PHL-PRG a new route? I don't see that on the list.
Started in 2018.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
It was discussed in this thread, with a more informative graphic that includes aircraft and frequencies:

SK likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:31 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I don’t know why AA sent that email today promoting as if this was news. Sounds like bookings on some routes aren’t doing so hot and AA felt compelled to “remind” their customers about the new routes.

With that said, I like the direction AA is going with adding/testing new routes and expanding their global footprint. I won’t be surprised to see AA launch flights to Casablanca next year or when they start receiving new 787s.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
I don’t know why AA sent that email today promoting as if this was news. Sounds like bookings on some routes aren’t doing so hot and AA felt compelled to “remind” their customers about the new routes.

With that said, I like the direction AA is going with adding/testing new routes and expanding their global footprint. I won’t be surprised to see AA launch flights to Casablanca next year or when they start receiving new 787s.
Actually, I wouldn't at all be surprised if AA returned to Israel, once additional 787-900s arrive.
golfingboy and Antarius like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I do think it has to do with seats to land and sea trips for the retiring boomers. That would include us. We have 4 trips that way between now and Jan 2020. Those are pretty much consolidator fares, however it did allow us both to reach EXP last year. And people think its all about cruises, but the land based high end tours are really taking off.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:55 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by perseus11
Actually, I wouldn't at all be surprised if AA returned to Israel, once additional 787-900s arrive.
100% agree that TLV is a huge hole and I think AA is definitely leaving money on the table by not swallowing their pride and settling an open case they have in Israel.

DL/UA is making bank in TLV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.