Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by nall
Good caveat to point out. I recently took a OW partner flight that earned less than 100% EQM, and that amount was what my million miler counter was incremented by, not the actual miles flown!
By less than 100% EQM, that's also less than 100% (base) RDM, right? Because if you earn 70/50/30% miles, it's only going to increment the MM counter by that much (or nothing, if it's a non-mile-earning fare on one of the ones like CX where low fare buckets earn 0.)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA has begun talking about "base miles" - upon which EQM etc. are calculated. IMO it's probably not a bad term to use, as some flights might earn 70% base miles - rendering 70/50/30% EQM and LTMs. (Maybe or not the status bonus RDM, depending on the airline and if they grant status bonus miles - but they would also be calculated on the "base miles".)

E.g. on a sub-H fare on CX, 0 base miles to calculate the rest of it on.

We now seem to have have
  • BASE MILES
  • ELITE QUALIFYING MILES (essentially the same as BMs in most cases)
  • REDEEMABLE MILES
  • BONUS MILES
  • LIFETIME MILES
I may be missing something here? Makes me want to have, an, er, BM.

Originally Posted by nkedel
By less than 100% EQM, that's also less than 100% (base) RDM, right? Because if you earn 70/50/30% miles, it's only going to increment the MM counter by that much (or nothing, if it's a non-mile-earning fare on one of the ones like CX where low fare buckets earn 0.)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by nkedel
It was an intra-Europe flight on Air Berlin, so I earned 500 RDM/EQM but my million miler count only went up by 200 or so.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by nall
It was an intra-Europe flight on Air Berlin, so I earned 500 RDM/EQM but my million miler count only went up by 200 or so.
Interesting. I did not realize that the 500 mile minimum, where applicable, did not apply to lifetime miles. I've usually have a couple of months with nothing but in-California flights where I'd have noticed that, but this was not a typical year for me.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I tried to slow down million miler accrual as much as possible during the fall months, so that I would get the 4 SWUs in the new year, but I was flying too fast and overshot.

I just crossed over the 4MM mark. I'm sure it'll be quite a while before I hit 5MM. :-)#

--woodstock
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:42 am

Hey does flying on Jetblue with the qualifying routes in the link earn million miler points?
Thanks so much
Heres the link.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...&title=jetblue
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:20 pm

Quick Question

Hey does flying on Jetblue with the qualifying routes in the link earn million miler points?
Thanks so much
Heres the link.
http://www.aa.com/jetblue
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by ynk50
Thanks so much
Heres the link.
http://www.aa.com/jetblue
I see your link and raise you a link:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/millionMiler.jsp

Last edited by Blumie; Nov 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I've gone ahead and merged your question into the master thread on the Million Miler program. As a reminder to all members, the FlyerTalk Guidelines & Rules do ask all members to first search for a relevant thread (this one was easy to find by searching thread titles for "million") and they also ask all members to give threads descriptive titles. Members all agreed to these terms upon joining and are all expected to abide by them. Any questions should be raised with moderators in private.

~Moderator
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:23 am

hey can someone please answer this. Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
c'mon man
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Yes, read this post. MM miles will be based on the actual distance flown (BIS miles).
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Unhappy

Could of, should of, would of. Just have to wait a little longer.

Million Milersm Balance**: 936,095...
Program to Date Miles: 1,000,273...
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by myefre
Could of, should of, would of. Just have to wait a little longer.

Million Milersm Balance**: 936,095...
Program to Date Miles: 1,000,273...
A little longer ?!?!

Probably another 10 years for LTP (assuming annual EXP requal trend), 15 years for me:

Million Milersm Balance** 527,738
Program to Date Miles 688,142

I'd prefer if I never knew there was a lifetime program ... for something that was a motivation at one time ... started on that path just before they f'd it up.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
New card after 1MM?

Once AA acknowledges the 1MM status by depositing the 35K RDM in your account, how long (or do they) does it take to get a new AA card with the MM status added?

While I understand the economic underpinnings of the "new" MM program, I am still disappointed that nothing is done to recognize flying in premium cabins.

Happy wandering

Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.