Search

AA-BA luggage transfer at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
AA-BA luggage transfer at LHR

It was a tossup whether to post this on the AA or BA forum.

Of the dozens and dozens of times I've connected at LHR, I don't recall ever having transferred luggage from AA to BA. In a couple of weeks, I'm traveling JFK-AA-LHR-BA-AUH with a 2-hour layover at LHR. Based on people's experience, how likely is it that my checked luggage will follow me?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie

Of the dozens and dozens of times I've connected at LHR, I don't recall ever having transferred luggage from AA to BA. In a couple of weeks, I'm traveling JFK-AA-LHR-BA-AUH with a 2-hour layover at LHR. Based on people's experience, how likely is it that my checked luggage will follow me?
As long as both flights are on the same PNR you should be fine. If the flights are on separate tickets, the luggage would not be transferred, regardless of the connection time.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:35 am

Had a 90 minute connection last week; shortened to 80 minutes due to late arrival. My luggage, priority tags, missed the connection and arrived 3 hours late (hourly flights to final destination), delivered by courier to my hotel about 6 hours late overall. My companion's luggage, no priority tags on the same flight/different PNR made the connection. So theoretically 2 hours should be enough, as long as your luggage doesn't end up in one of the last bins to be pulled.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I've done this a few times. Never had a problem.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Thanks for the responses. I have experience with missing baggage with BA both at AUH and DXB, so I know it’s not the end of the world if it misses the connection, but it’s nice to know that with an on-time arrival into LHR it’s likely to make it.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Blumie

I have flown LAX-LHR-Europe and back every year for the past 25+ years. Only once was my baggage delayed. They delivered it the next day to the place where I was staying.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I do this about 8-10x per year... DFW-LHR (AA) -Europe (BA). I've never had a bag lost.

The only baggage delay or loss I have had with AA has, ironically, been on non-stop domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.