Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-LAX shows cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
IAD-LAX shows cancelled

I have a flight coming up in two weeks from IAD-LAX (AA252) which per the app and aa.com says nothing about being cancelled, but similar fights this week and last were listed as cancelled and I tried to do a fake booking with dates a week before and the similar non-stop flight is not available. Which makes we wonder if they will be cancelling this flight. Is this something folks see a lot of? and is there any point to calling AA to try to preempt, by re-booking, so that there is not a early AM scramble to get re-booked? What do you guys normally do in this situation.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I doubt that any AAgent would change your flight for free just because you're concerned that it might be cancelled, when the flight is still listed as scheduled.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Worth a call to the ExPlat line. It's unlikely they'll change you for free as long as the flight still shows as scheduled; however, the answer is always "no" if you don't ask.
Spanish likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is now flight AA1339. Flight does not appear to operate on Tue/Wed for next couple weeks, but operates daily after that.
kcmd likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
This time of year that flight often operates 4x or 5x daily. It will run daily as summer approaches.
kcmd and Spanish like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Could be another casualty of needing to free up planes for deal with the 7M8 grounding.
Spanish likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
Thanks all for the replies and I'll sit tight for another week or so to see if anything changes. I totally agree, not to change the flight until and unless the flight is indeed cancelled.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I had a cancellation about a week out, right after the 7M8 grounding, so I assumed they were taking the 738 from this route to service DCA-LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.