Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

“We will lock you in the bathroom during turbulence”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“We will lock you in the bathroom during turbulence”

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
"Why thank you, I'd love that. More privacy and even more legroom than my seat has!"
nlkm9 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Originally Posted by JetAway
If they would just put seat belts on the toilet this would never be a problem
Dont give them any ideas, that's potential for additional revenue!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
I’m not saying the FA was right, but here’s something to think about:

If the plane were about to encounter severe turbulence, then by letting you proceed back to your seat the cabin crew risks the possibility of you slamming into or landing on one or more passengers, potentially injuring them.

If you are locked in the lav, you are the only one who would be injured, and it’s possible your odds would be reduced (versus being in the aisle)

Granted, this is an unlikely scenario - but it only has to happen once, right?

The probability might be small, but it’s not zero, and in the US litigation-and-liability culture that is non-trivial.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I was once "shooed" away from the bathroom from an FA that was really nasty, and she was like "you can go in a few minutes". we ended up sitting on the ground for 2 hours and people eventually started getting up and going. I understand its a safety thing, but sometimes you have to listen to your body .
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nlkm9
I was once "shooed" away from the bathroom from an FA that was really nasty, and she was like "you can go in a few minutes". we ended up sitting on the ground for 2 hours and people eventually started getting up and going. I understand its a safety thing, but sometimes you have to listen to your body .
"Well, you can let me use the bathroom or you can call the maintenance crew to come clean up the plane and put a new seat cushion in 4A."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.