Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club access oddities (AY Sapphire denied access arriving domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club access oddities (AY Sapphire denied access arriving domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
It does say “all flights” but it also says “relax before the runway”
That is a marketing tagline that is not part of the policy statement.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:56 am

OP's problem is not in understanding the access policy stated by OW, but in the fact that until recently AA.com gave the impression that AA specifically chose a less restrictive access policy for OW elites (going beyond the OW minimum, which is an airline's right to do). The fact that AA revised the wording supports that it was previously a legitimate source of confusion. AA.com should supersede if it states something more generous than guaranteed by OW.

Most commenters are stating what they know the policy to be, not addressing the concern that the policy was arguably misadvertised.
JonNYC, chrisny2, FFlash and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jktraveler
You can't access Flagship Lounge on arrival, can you? AC is no different. If you had a connecting flight on AA on the same day, they would have granted access since you are Finnair elite.
No I couldn't then and still can't as the wording for it was different compared to the AC when I tried to access. The question wasn't the FL, it was the AC at concourse L.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Two data points from recent trips

Was flying DL ATL-JFK and continuing on Finnair to HEL on a separate ticket. Tried accessing the ATL club using my AY mobile bp fully expecting to be denied.

*scans bp*

"Remind me again of your status with Finnair?"

"Sapphire"

"Excellent sir, welcome in!"

Later on an arriving flight about an hour before the ATL club was about to close I presented my arriving bp on an AA flight from either ORD or LGA. Was let in without a problem.

So either ATL is staffed by clueless agents or maybe I'm just extremely lucky with accessing Admirals Clubs on arrival, maybe I should ask them for suggestions on lotto numbers next time I'm there.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
So either ATL is staffed by clueless agents or maybe I'm just extremely lucky with accessing Admirals Clubs on arrival
I think it's a combination of the two.
miamiflyer8 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.