Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Help Selecting AA Award Seats on Qatar Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I snagged 2 Business Award seats on Qatar using AA miles. DFW-DOH-CPT

When I logged into the Qatar website to pick seats, it wouldn’t let me. Is this just a temporary website glitch or do I need to call in?

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cslovacek
I snagged 2 Business Award seats on Qatar using AA miles. DFW-DOH-CPT

When I logged into the Qatar website to pick seats, it wouldn’t let me. Is this just a temporary website glitch or do I need to call in?

Thanks!
Shouldn't be a problem. I would just try a little later. I've done it before on the website.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Shouldn't be a problem. I would just try a little later. I've done it before on the website.
Thank you for that info. I will try again tomorrow.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:40 pm

"It wouldn't let me" is not an informative description. Are you able to see the reservation on QR's site but cannot select seats; or are you not able to locate the reservation? If the latter, you need to obtain the QR PNR from AA and use it on QR's site.
worldiswide likes this.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Apr 5, 2019 at 4:47 pm
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
"It wouldn't let me" is not an informative description. Are you able to see the reservation on QR's site but cannot select seats; or are you not able to locate the reservation? If the latter, you need to obtain the QR PNR from AA and use it on QR's site.
I apologize for not being more descriptive.

Yes, I have the PNR and can log into the QR website and see everything. I’m getting an error message when I try to save the seat assignments.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Ahh.. I had to call Qatar for seat assignments then I could see them every time I logged in. I could not select them myself. You may need to call.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:38 pm

Make sure the ticket has been issued (not just a pnr) and also try the app.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by cslovacek
I’m getting an error message when I try to save the seat assignments.
What does the error message say?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you see the AA 001 tickets display on your QR Manage Booking screen?

I always am able to select seats on QR flights with a ticketed AA award. Unless something has changed recently, otherwise QR site probably is the friendliest OneWorld site to use. I literally pulled up an AA award on JL flights with JL PNR (Amadeus) to check if AA has re-issued the tickets after I upfared from J to F, but have not received new e-Tickets email despite the AA site said Ticketed.
QR showed me the e-Ticket numbers have changed so the JL flight was indeed reticketed despite no AA email. I ended calling AA to get the "Your Trip Confirmation" email to be sent. However the fact that QR shows different e-Ticket numbers than the original ones, gave me the assurance and not to worry AA dropping the ball.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:56 pm

This has happened to me on four out of four bookings. If there are multiple pax, the error might be because the FF number on all pax appears the same as the booking pax. Something weird in the AA > QR mapping.

As noted, either call to request seats or try it in the mobile app. That has worked for me.
dp4m likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rktsci
This has happened to me on four out of four bookings. If there are multiple pax, the error might be because the FF number on all pax appears the same as the booking pax. Something weird in the AA > QR mapping.

As noted, either call to request seats or try it in the mobile app. That has worked for me.

This is EXACTLY the type of message I’m getting. It makes no sense to me.

Yes, everything has fully ticketed and issued.

No worries, I’ll just give them a call in the next couple of days. The flights aren’t until February.

Thanks everyone!! 💥
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:46 pm

I just had the same issue could not pick a seat through AA or QR web site.
Looked up Qatar Airways USA phone number on google gave them a call and got to choose the seats I wanted....took about 3 minutes
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wordsew
I just had the same issue could not pick a seat through AA or QR web site.
Looked up Qatar Airways USA phone number on google gave them a call and got to choose the seats I wanted....took about 3 minutes
Perfect. I will call them Monday as it looks like their USA number is closed on weekends.

Appreciate the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.