Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upfare / Buy Out from Basic Economy to Standard Y?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upfare / Buy Out from Basic Economy to Standard Y?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That's just a link to twitter. It doesn't even show up for me on mobile.

I thought that FT rules required snippets / summaries to be copy-pasted in messages, rather than just links to external twitter feeds and blog posts, for obvious reasons. Doesn't that rule apply to everyone?
Yes, and twitter (and other major social media sites) are blocked by many corporate firewalls, rendering such posts completely useless.
cmn.jcs likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Of course you are free to let incorrect information stand, but I think that if you are going to provide a link to an external source (particularly your own!!) you should provide a summary in accordance with the rules of the forum. Or, again, does that rule not apply to everyone? Serious question here.

As it is, you've provided me with no information at all (useful or otherwise).
Eh, my post 4 has a link to Gary Leff's blog with a preview of the text in it. Here's the link (that I see in post 4 above): https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...basic-economy/

The relevant text from further down in the blog post seems to be this: "This policy change to no longer allow buy ups on basic economy fares applies to short haul markets only. Transatlantic basic economy fares are still changeable with a fee to begin with."
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

I thought that FT rules required snippets / summaries to be copy-pasted in messages, rather than just links to external twitter feeds and blog posts, for obvious reasons. Doesn't that rule apply to everyone?
That’s a problem on your side, then. (Perhaps a corporate firewall, as mentioned above?)

For the rest of us, we see an embedded twitter post, not just the link.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Djokison

That’s a problem on your side, then. (Perhaps a corporate firewall, as mentioned above?)

Moderator note:

Here is the FlyerTalk rule for posting information from other websites:
https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#externallinks

FlyerTalk is here for the purpose of sharing meaningful information. Don't simply post a link by itself to another source, such as an article or blog. (See also, Rule 9 — Posting Copyrighted Material.) Posts containing such links should contain enough information so as to be contributive to FlyerTalk itself.If linking to your own blog, to a blog on behalf of someone, or to a blog of which you are a periodic or regular contributor, you must identify that fact in your post and you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link. Do not post repeatedly in a manner that has the effect or purpose of driving traffic to a blog or website. Exceptions to this rule include:
  1. Linking to a travel program website page containing information relevant to the discussion (such as a ticketing rule or terms & conditions of a promotion being discussed in the thread);
  2. Linking to the websites of established news organizations or to company press releases with details of an ongoing news event (such as an airline or hotel incident). In such a case, merely providing the headline of the new item along with a link to it, without posting additional content, is allowable.
Posts that do not conform to these rules may be deleted and repetitive offenses may subject the poster to discipline.
Everyone needs to ensure that what they post on FT adheres to not only this rule, but all of the other rules.

If it is important enough to post, someone should be able to copy/paste the TEXT portion of the post. Of
course a link to the external site is fine. As noted, there are many users (myself included) who are unable to even view some posts due to corporate blockers to social media.

Please contact a moderator should you have further questions about the FlyerTalk rules.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold

The link doesn't show up for me, either, on my PC; I've been noticing that for a while. I can see it in the page source, but it's hidden. Unfortunately my HTML/CSS chops have gotten rusty so it might take me a while to figure out what's going on.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Djokison

Speak for yourself, dude. Only firewall for me is the one that came with windows. I see the link in the source and nothing on the screen. I may have to submit a bug report.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:50 am
Suspended

I assume doesn't show up when posted like this either?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhNRSK3UwAAJAtd.jpg:large

Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I do see the first link in that one.
JonNYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.