Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
2019 Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] (consolidated)

With hundreds of annual reports of and queries about delayed, diverted, canceled flights we have established this consolidated thread to prevent these from overwhelming other forum threads.

For assistance and useful resources when your flight is affected, see AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, travel policy, delay, cancel etc. resources (master thread)

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For "translation" of FLIFO terms, use this page on FlyerGuide.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:10 pm

Why do you believe it will result in a cancellation? The aircraft has boarded and is waiting to depart PHL. Appears that your flight will stop in MIA, potentially for a crew change, en route to PHL.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Currently the inbound is shown as having departed PHL at 21:19 and awaiting takeoff. It's due in CUN at 23:59.

Based upon the information on FlightAware, the CUN-MIA-PHL flight is not due to arrive in PHL until 08:45 on Sunday, August 18. AA.com, though shows it flying non-stop and due in PHL at 03:29.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TWA884
Based upon the information on FlightAware, the CUN-MIA-PHL flight is not due to arrive in PHL until 08:45 on Sunday, August 18. AA.com, though shows it flying non-stop and due in PHL at 03:29.
The AA app has been updated.

CUN-MIA 00:40 - 03:29
MIA-PHL 06:05 - 08:54

I have no idea how they are planning to turn around a B763 in CUN in 41 minutes.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:35 pm

Absolute nightmare from start to finish. Ended up being rerouted. Couldn’t risk the flight being cancelled. The departure time updated 12 times and just kept getting later and later. Apparently it is going via MIA due to CBP being closed in Philly.

Going to need a direct email for customer relations as I don’t think their 2000 character form is going to be enough.

Ground service and communication from AA have been simply awful.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Seriously? Your post here is probably enough for CR.
KBMIFlyer and Often1 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anything exceeding 1,000 characters won't even get read. Three short declarative sentences are about the maximum worthwhile note. Bear in mind that AA already has a preformatted response for this flight and that is what you will get.
KBMIFlyer and TWA884 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Anything exceeding 1,000 characters won't even get read. Three short declarative sentences are about the maximum worthwhile note. Bear in mind that AA already has a preformatted response for this flight and that is what you will get.

We had issues out with the delay. Mainly relating to staff incompetence.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by everGLAdes
Gotta pick and choose. Pick the 1-2 things which were problems and stick to that. If everything is a problem, that translates into nothing is a problem.
everGLAdes likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by everGLAdes
If you can't communicate your complaints in a clear and concise manner - don't expect a meaningful or cogent response from AA.

2000 characters should be more than enough to cover both the delay and the communications issues.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:11 pm

Looks like tonight's AA160 ORD-ATH is returning to Chicago after turning around a little more than 1 hour into its flight.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
Apparently flight 160 started out this morning at 9:26 am for ATH and was diverted again to LHR according to Flightaware. And tonight’s flight is 2 hrs late.

Does anyone know what is happening? I am scheduled on this flight Saturday.

Last edited by nalismom; Aug 19, 2019 at 6:45 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:24 am

Thanks for everyones input on this. Admittedly I was wound up when I was posting. It turned into a travel nightmare so here is a quick update.

We were in CUN for approx 11:30 for our 13:59 departure. By the time we arrived at the airport it had been pushed back to 15:00. 12 further updates followed with constant pushbacks on the departure time. Eventually re-routed for DFW with an overnight stop. The airline didn't take responsibility for the hotel despite the agent confirming this would be arranged at DFW. They have offered vouchers for the various troubles (I had a list - genuinely the worst treatment I have ever experienced from an Airline and I have flown United, Easyjet and various Euro budget airlines) but are still refusing to accept responsibility for the accommodation. Waiting on a further reply.

One positive so far from this... I was credited with the tier points for the extra flight, which unexpectedly pushed me into BA silver/OW Sapphire
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:36 pm

I wonder if the reason for denying your accommodation was that you voluntarily chose the overnight routing rather than waiting for the original (delayed) flight.
The flight did eventually depart, and would not have required accommodation, so I can see why they wouldn't want to provide it.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by cedric
I wonder if the reason for denying your accommodation was that you voluntarily chose the overnight routing rather than waiting for the original (delayed) flight.
The flight did eventually depart, and would not have required accommodation, so I can see why they wouldn't want to provide it.
The reason they gave at DFW was that it was not authorised by the agent in Cancun so we would have to go through CR... looks to be miscommunication somewhere on AA's part. It was also put through as an invol reroute.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite some delayed media coverage, it seems to me that the Judge's order has eliminated the problems caused by the mechanics slowdown. On good weather days, AA is operating 99 to 100% of their flights with an on-time performance in the 80s. On bad weather days -- of which there are still more this summer than average -- anything can happen, of course. I ran into the "tarmac rule" and then got my crew timed out last week on a transcon due to a ridiculous ATC delay (no weather problems on either coast, but ATC kept opening and closing air corridors in the Midwest due to thunderstorms, preventing us from ever taking off).

I think this is pretty typical of AA's operation the past few years and similar to that achieved by the other major US airlines (except DL, which runs a better operation).

Does anyone see anything different?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.