Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX bag drop on day before the flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I regularly fly LHR-LAX-MFR and the MFR connection is the next morning. I have never been able to get my bags tagged through to MFR and I have always had to check them in next morning (Flagship First check-in has always accepted them despite only flying LAX-MFR that day). Maybe I don't make enough fuss at LHR, but the check-in agent is always so apologetic about not being able to that it seems clear that they would have if they could have.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
It all depends who you are checking in with originally. If you are checking in with BA at LHR, BA's policy is they will accept bags with a less than a 24 hour connection. If you are checking in with AA (anywhere), AA's policy is less than 12 hours. If the bags are already tagged through then you will be able to drop them off after customs at LAX.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
I regularly fly LHR-LAX-MFR and the MFR connection is the next morning. I have never been able to get my bags tagged through to MFR and I have always had to check them in next morning (Flagship First check-in has always accepted them despite only flying LAX-MFR that day). Maybe I don't make enough fuss at LHR, but the check-in agent is always so apologetic about not being able to that it seems clear that they would have if they could have.
I was never able to check bags through from HNL with an overnight connection at LAX (of less than 12 hours). An overnight connection regardless of the duration and LAX just do not work together.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
I was never able to check bags through from HNL with an overnight connection at LAX (of less than 12 hours). An overnight connection regardless of the duration and LAX just do not work together.
Am I missing something here? We do it all the time with no issues, at least from OGG to LHR.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Andriyko
DL has figured this one out and has been more than happy to (diligently and efficiently) safeguard my bags and get them to/from HNL when travel has included an overnight at LAX. Would be nice if AA could catch up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.