Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Initiated Flight Change - 7 Hours Later - Options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Initiated Flight Change - 7 Hours Later - Options?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by gateH15

maybe. I personally don’t see any difference between overselling the flight and moving already ticketed passengers to that flight. Well except the price for the flight is 1600 per person. I guess they would rather sell that vs giving it to OP for free
I can't think of a carrier that transfers passengers onto an already overbooked flight. Just means that many more passengers they need to VDB/IDB. Sort of a silly idea and has nothing to do with the underlying circumstance.
cedric likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
I can't think of a carrier that transfers passengers onto an already overbooked flight. Just means that many more passengers they need to VDB/IDB. Sort of a silly idea and has nothing to do with the underlying circumstance.
but they are willing to sell those seats and that will also increase VDB/IDB
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
What are the odds AA would book the op on UA if he asked? I have my suspicions, but I thought I would ask.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
What are the odds AA would book the op on UA if he asked? I have my suspicions, but I thought I would ask.
very slim unless OP is CK or EXP
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:09 pm

very slim unless OP is CK or EXP
That’s what I thought, but it can’t hurt to ask. It would be the right thing to do from a customer service perspective l
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:10 pm

That’s what I thought, but it can’t hurt to ask. It would be the right thing to do from a customer service perspective l
agree. But we are talking about American Airlines fun by cheap Dougie
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:12 pm

agree. But we are talking about American Airlines fun by cheap Dougie
I understand, but what is the point of an interline agreement if the airline never uses it?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:13 pm

I understand, but what is the point of an interline agreement if the airline never uses it?
they do use it if IRROPs happen on the day of travel and only if no seats are available on their own metal with a very few exceptions
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Could you fly into COS and drive up to DEN (it's about a 90 min drive without traffic)?
OP this seems like the best bet... AA will do a change within 300 miles no problem.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Could you fly into COS and drive up to DEN (it's about a 90 min drive without traffic)?
Didn't think of this earlier, but particularly if you are located north of Chicago, you could start from MKE and go through DFW. The DFW-DEN flight shows Y4, but there appear to be plenty of unassigned seats (presumably a lot of people booked on a Basic Economy fare, didn't want to pay for a premium seat, or otherwise have unassigned seats).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:15 am

but they are willing to sell those seats and that will also increase VDB/IDB
Because presumably the revenue from selling those tickets at $1600 each far outweighs the cost risk they take of having to VDB passengers. In the case of OP, moving them onto the flight gets no incremental revenue, but still incurs additional cost of having to VDB.
phxbarcelona likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.