Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA new A321neo / 32Q / A321-253NX RC Meridian Main Cabin and MCE seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The most recent deliveries from Airbus are in the form of the A321neo (New Engine Option). Introduced in 2019 these aircraft are configured 20C 176M, with 35 Main Cabin Extra designated seats. All aircraft feature Airbus Airspace cabin interiors including XL overhead bins and LED mood lighting.

Main Cabin Extra
Located at rows 8 to 10, row 17 (overwing exit), 18DEF, 19DEF, plus mid cabin exits at row 27
Thirty-five Collins Meridian slimline seats arranged in a 3-3 configuration, featuring a 4 way adjustable headrest and a tablet holder
Row pitch: 33" typically
Seat width: 17.5"
Seat recline: 3"

Note: as there is a shallow bulkhead screen suspended from the overhead locker and not a full bulkhead, the footwells at row 8 extend beneath the row 5 seats

Main Cabin
129 Collins Meridian slimline seats arranged in a 3-3 configuration, featuring a 4 way adjustable headrest and a tablet holder
Row pitch: 30"
Seat width: 17.5"
Seat recline: 2"

Power
All seats are equipped with universal AC (110V) and USB-A sockets

Connectivity
ViaSat KA-band satellite wifi

In-flight entertainment
Content streamed to your personal electronic device. These aircraft do not have seat back screens
Print Wikipost

AA new A321neo / 32Q / A321-253NX RC Meridian Main Cabin and MCE seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Someone mentioned elsewhere that the A321s from Alaska (and from Virgin America) will have a different configuration.... 16F IIRC.

Anyone else remember this?
Is AA buying used A321s from AS? How did I miss that?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Herb687
According to planespotters.net, AA took possession of ten former AS A321neos last month. They are currently listed as parked / due to enter service
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Prospero
According to planespotters.net, AA took possession of ten former AS A321neos last month. They are currently listed as parked / due to enter service
Nice. Too bad that they're probably parked getting crappy new AA seats at crappy AA pitch. I don't fly AS often but on the rare occasions I have, I enjoyed the generous F pitch compared to AA.

The best thing AA could do is to take a row back out of its own A321s and re-pitch the remaining rows to 40" or 41" - cramming 4 extra seats that will rarely be occupied by paying F pax just degrades the experience. AS F was so much nicer than AA. (And I'm not even talking about how amazing VX F was back in the day)
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Herb687
Yah, announced back in October... It was rumored for a few weeks before that.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/news/133...laska-airlines
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:31 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Someone mentioned elsewhere that the A321s from Alaska (and from Virgin America) will have a different configuration.... 16F IIRC.

Anyone else remember this?
The former-AS 321s have-been/will-be repainted, but not reconfigured, and remain in the AS seating configuration (16/24/150.) (I'm sure they will also get new seat covers, placards, etc.) They will be 'fenced' to MIA and run specific routes to avoid the seatmap issue.
Originally Posted by Prospero
So if AA where to reconfigure the incoming AS ships, for the sake of fleet harmony their cabin config would probably resemble the A321K rather than the A321NX
That is my understanding, as well. When they are reconfigured, they will match the A321ceo Kodiak configuration because of the door layout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.