Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
WHich AA lounge to use in MIA?

For someone flying
LHR-MIA in Club World on BA
connecting to
MIA-KIN (Kingston, Jamaica) on AA in First on the same day?

And has an Amex Platinum card

Which is the best lounge to use? Has about 3 hours to kill.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
The only lounge I've been to in MIA was the Admirals Club at D30. It was very nice and was renovated recently.

If you get AA Flagship Lounge access (also at D30), surely it's even better, and I've heard great things about the AA lounge in the E concourse. But if you go to the D30 Admirals Club, it's very nice.
mrandery likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Flagship Lounge, based on your same day LHR-MIA flight in business.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2019-a.html
mrandery likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:44 am

Yes, go to D30 and they will let you in the FL side. That should be the choice. The E club is the best regular AC in the US system but not as nice as the FL.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks very much.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Amex Plat has a Priority Pass membership, correct? The Corona Beach House is a Priority Pass restaurant that gives $30 per person in food/drinks. Just another option I use when I pass through Miami.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA : EXP / AR : ORO
As suggested, go to the Flagship Lounge on D30. Plenty of seating options, self-service food and drinks, working and resting areas, showers.
There's also an Admirals Club by D15, which has also been recently renovated, but it's smaller and doesn't have much to offer, just the basis.
And I haven't been to the Club at E, but sure not worth all the walking.
American Express has a Centurion Lounge by D12, which some like.
But in my experience AA's Flagship Lounge is the best option.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdcarg77
But in my experience AA's Flagship Lounge is the best option.
One more vote for this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
As mentioned above, don’t forget the Corona Beach House with your Priority Pass for a decent free meal.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
I find that any lounge decision at MIA is completely dependent on your departure gate. Yes the flagship lounge at D30 is the nicest (although it turns into a preschool at 8 PM before the South America departures), followed very closely by the club in E. However, if your flight to Kingston is leaving from anywhere from D 20 down to D1 I would go to the crowded but nice Centurion Lounge at D 15 or the even more crowded and not as nice AC at D 12. The D concourse is a full mile-long and the gates are not evenly spaced so if you're not familiar with the airport you may well want to look at the concourse map once you re-clear security and then make your decision. I forget where Corona Beach House is and although it's crowded it's probably the best deal with priority pass.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited
D30 Flagship Lounge and the E Concourse Admirals Club are not that far apart due to the fact that you can go to D31 and use the cutover to E, the lounge is on the right once you exit the cut over, ,next to E5.
Lately many of AA's LGA flights have been leaving from Concourse E, I have no problems using that lounge, in fact the "adult beverage" selection there is better than any of the D lounges.

Last edited by Nomorepretzels; Mar 11, 2019 at 8:08 pm
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by rollthere
I find that any lounge decision at MIA is completely dependent on your departure gate. Yes the flagship lounge at D30 is the nicest (although it turns into a preschool at 8 PM before the South America departures), followed very closely by the club in E. However, if your flight to Kingston is leaving from anywhere from D 20 down to D1 I would go to the crowded but nice Centurion Lounge at D 15 or the even more crowded and not as nice AC at D 12. The D concourse is a full mile-long and the gates are not evenly spaced so if you're not familiar with the airport you may well want to look at the concourse map once you re-clear security and then make your decision. I forget where Corona Beach House is and although it's crowded it's probably the best deal with priority pass.
I believe the Corona Beach House us located between D 23-24. I enjoy the Centurion Lounge. Especially with the newly expanded area it doesn't seem as crowded as it used to feel.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
The AC in E is a co-lounge with BA and IB, so it’s far nicer than others in the system in terms of what’s free.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: Qantas
+1 for AA Flagship lounge.

Not just the lounge, but also the staff. We were booked on the second last MIA-MSY flight of the night which broke after we boarded. The flight was cancelled and the rebooking line was hundreds deep. I went straight back to the flagship lounge and she had us booked on the final flight of the night. Our bags even made the connection!

I was the only person rebooking at the flagship lounge. She was confused why nobody else was there (she actually didn't believe me that the flight was cancelled initially, as nobody told her and the system wasn't updated for almost an hour after we deplaned). We actually had seats on both flights until the cancellation came through.

Sorry - going OT - point is, the lounge especially the staff is the best you'll find in MIA.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by rollthere
I would go to the crowded but nice Centurion Lounge at D 15
*Mini thread hijack alert*

How crowded is it these days since the re-opening, anyhow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.