Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where's the (snack basket) beef (jerky)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Where's the (snack basket) beef (jerky)?

Sure, some of you would probably relegate this to the stupid-complaint thread, but I gotta know -- have others suffered from an absence of beef jerky in the first class snack basket the past couple days?

Monday morning (just after 10 a.m.), DCA-SDF, there was jerky in the basket. Great.

Monday evening, AA4341 (Republic), CLT-DCA, no jerky (but everything else was there). Flight attendant says no jerky was catered. I was surprised but thought it a one-off or maybe the catering folks pilfered it or the FAs ate it. (I've flown the same flight essentially every Monday for a few months, there's always jerky.)

Currently AA2564 (mainline), DCA-JFK, no jerky but everything else is there. Flight attendant again says no jerky catered. Another outlier, or is something going on with the jerky? (To be fair, I would have eaten more in the lounge if I'd known -- the jerky is a reasonably healthy option, despite the salt, with its protein and low fat/carbs.)
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
I hope they didn't get rid of the jerky, it's my favorite. I will see when I fly next week.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:51 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

4 snack basket flights starting last week for me and none had the jerky. I assume it's too costly for AA 👎
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
4 snack basket flights starting last week for me and none had the jerky. I assume it's too costly for AA ��
Oh NOOOOOOOOOO

I was afraid they'd axe it as of March 1, but when my March 4 a.m. flight had jerky I was happy about another month of it. I guess that flight was the one-off
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Yes jerky on DCA-JFK on 2/27. No jerky on JFK-DCA on 3/5.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Yes, I miss the jerky. Haven’t seen it for a few weeks now. Hoping it’s absence was a catering issue since I’ve also seen breakfast baskets catered on evening flights out of Boston lately.

Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I’ve been disappoint by the absence of jerky on at least my last dozen (relevant) flights. I think it is gone
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Beef jerky was on LAX-LAS last week but not the other way on Monday.....sad.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Found it in the basket on a regional aircraft last week but haven’t seen it on any mainline flights this year...too bad it’s one of the best.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:05 pm

I think the crew has been taking the Jerky on multiple flights I have reasons for this conclusion. It is the only NO CARB HIGH PROTEIN "KETO" ITEM IN THE BASKET.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
I had the Beef Jerky option on a DFW-LIT E-175 two nights ago (along with the cookie butter cookies). Love the jerky.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Jerky missing on Monday's Compass Airlines E175 flight. The flight attendant in F went back to Y and returned with a "Power Bites" box and handed it to me. Inside the box I found:

Steak Strips (Jerky); Brie Spread; Artisan Crisps; Fig Spread; Chocolate Almonds; Parmesan Crisps. That was a generous surprise. ^
altabello likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:41 pm

same. it’s the only edible snack basket item.
DataPlumber and IAHtraveler like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Jerky should still be catered. It is definitely included in the Power Bites box in Y
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
boy I must be really dumb... dd not know they even had jerky in the baskets... all I ever see is chips, nuts and cookies
rafkeduck and apeortdz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.