Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where's the (snack basket) beef (jerky)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:03 am

Yes the crew on some flights are eating the jerky. You can smell it when it is opened. It smells like a person passing gas
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
I flew LGA-DCA / DCA-LGA several times last year and never seen jerky offered, only chips & popcorn.
It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it, it's usually in the back of the basket behind the chips and the packaging looks similar enough from a quick glance. It was there at least the last few months of 2018 until last week, RIP.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Also, I just flew EZE-MIA last night on a 77W and the jerky was one of the items set up to take from the business class self-service area.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm still seeing people posting pics of getting the jerky on AA flights.
jcatman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:13 am

It's definitely still part of the "power bites" box that is available to the main cabin.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'm still seeing people posting pics of getting the jerky on AA flights.
I got them on three of my flights this past week...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

THIS IS INSANE.

Three snack basket segments in regional J today:

10:05 a.m. DCA-SDF (PSA) -- jerky. Unfortunately I was in 4A so it (along with most of the basket) was taken before the basket reached me. But awesome FA, unprompted, said thanks for being EXP and asked if I wanted a Power Bites box, which has the jerky. So I got my fix.

7:33 p.m. SDF-CLT (PSA) -- jerky. Had a bag. Delightful.

10:12 p.m. CLT-DCA (Republic) -- no jerky! Asked the FA if there was any jerky. FA looked at me like I was a loonie (or a jerk, perhaps). What the heck! After segment two I was thinking there was just a temporary scarcity but now I have no idea what to think!
FlyingEgghead likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.