FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Where's the (snack basket) beef (jerky)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1959672-wheres-snack-basket-beef-jerky.html)

platbrownguy Mar 6, 2019 4:49 pm

Where's the (snack basket) beef (jerky)?

Sure, some of you would probably relegate this to the stupid-complaint thread, but I gotta know -- have others suffered from an absence of beef jerky in the first class snack basket the past couple days?

Monday morning (just after 10 a.m.), DCA-SDF, there was jerky in the basket. Great.

Monday evening, AA4341 (Republic), CLT-DCA, no jerky (but everything else was there). Flight attendant says no jerky was catered. I was surprised but thought it a one-off or maybe the catering folks pilfered it or the FAs ate it. (I've flown the same flight essentially every Monday for a few months, there's always jerky.)

Currently AA2564 (mainline), DCA-JFK, no jerky but everything else is there. Flight attendant again says no jerky catered. Another outlier, or is something going on with the jerky? (To be fair, I would have eaten more in the lounge if I'd known -- the jerky is a reasonably healthy option, despite the salt, with its protein and low fat/carbs.)

atbPy Mar 6, 2019 6:48 pm

I hope they didn't get rid of the jerky, it's my favorite. I will see when I fly next week.

IAHtraveler Mar 6, 2019 6:51 pm

4 snack basket flights starting last week for me and none had the jerky. I assume it's too costly for AA 👎

platbrownguy Mar 6, 2019 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler (Post 30856586)
4 snack basket flights starting last week for me and none had the jerky. I assume it's too costly for AA ��

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO

I was afraid they'd axe it as of March 1, but when my March 4 a.m. flight had jerky I was happy about another month of it. I guess that flight was the one-off :(

iadisgreat Mar 6, 2019 7:41 pm

Yes jerky on DCA-JFK on 2/27. No jerky on JFK-DCA on 3/5.

Segments Mar 6, 2019 8:13 pm

Yes, I miss the jerky. Haven’t seen it for a few weeks now. Hoping it’s absence was a catering issue since I’ve also seen breakfast baskets catered on evening flights out of Boston lately.

ikwia Mar 6, 2019 8:24 pm

I’ve been disappoint by the absence of jerky on at least my last dozen (relevant) flights. I think it is gone :(

AANYC1981 Mar 6, 2019 8:27 pm

Beef jerky was on LAX-LAS last week but not the other way on Monday.....sad.

Tbooth3 Mar 6, 2019 8:50 pm

Found it in the basket on a regional aircraft last week but haven’t seen it on any mainline flights this year...too bad it’s one of the best.

Centurion Mar 6, 2019 9:05 pm

I think the crew has been taking the Jerky on multiple flights I have reasons for this conclusion. It is the only NO CARB HIGH PROTEIN "KETO" ITEM IN THE BASKET.

giants_fan Mar 6, 2019 9:28 pm

I had the Beef Jerky option on a DFW-LIT E-175 two nights ago (along with the cookie butter cookies). Love the jerky.

jcatman Mar 6, 2019 9:59 pm

Jerky missing on Monday's Compass Airlines E175 flight. The flight attendant in F went back to Y and returned with a "Power Bites" box and handed it to me. Inside the box I found:

Steak Strips (Jerky); Brie Spread; Artisan Crisps; Fig Spread; Chocolate Almonds; Parmesan Crisps. That was a generous surprise. ^

SouthernCross Mar 6, 2019 10:41 pm

same. it’s the only edible snack basket item.

joepercussion1 Mar 6, 2019 11:17 pm

Jerky should still be catered. It is definitely included in the Power Bites box in Y

fotographer Mar 7, 2019 4:14 am

boy I must be really dumb... dd not know they even had jerky in the baskets... all I ever see is chips, nuts and cookies