Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Etihad May drop AA and partner with UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Etihad May drop AA and partner with UA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Your ticket will be honored.
Dont expect to be able to make any changes, post the final decision not to have Etihad as a partner.

And if there is an IRROP - assume you are stuck - the only thing that AA will do is refund your miles.
Dont expect them to find you an alternate solution, if no award availability exists on other partner carriers.
Thanks for the info. Definitely need to consider the potential caveats. Travel insurance is a must.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We are going to the Maldives in August on AA Miles. Outbound is on Qatar. Return Etihad. (Two sep tickets) If the partnership ends, are we saying Etihad is not responsible to get me home in event of IRROPS? MLE-AUH-IAD all on Etihad. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We are going to the Maldives in August on AA Miles. Outbound is on Qatar. Return Etihad. (Two sep tickets) If the partnership ends, are we saying Etihad is not responsible to get me home in event of IRROPS? MLE-AUH-IAD all on Etihad. Thanks.
you already have a ticket and it should be ticketed. Si etihad will honor that.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I can't imagine anyone is saying that, if they are, they don't know what they are talking about.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I can't imagine anyone is saying that...
No imagination is required, since GottaluvNW said that in post#14.

If someone has completed an outbound and there is a problem on the inbound, of course EY is responsible for getting the passenger back home. But since in this case there are separate one-way tickets (outbound on QR, inbound on EY), the poster's real question is whether or not a cancellation by EY really requires EY to find an alternate solution or just kicks the can to AA.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 25, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

If someone has completed an outbound and there is a problem on the inbound, of course EY is responsible for getting the passenger back home. But since in this case there are separate one-way tickets (outbound on QR, inbound on EY), the poster's question is whether or not a cancellation by EY---let's say with several days' notice---really requires them to find an alternate solution or just kicks the can to AA.
And we do have insurance for this trip. May raise it up a bit though. Doesn't cost much to do so.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

If someone has completed an outbound and there is a problem on the inbound, of course EY is responsible for getting the passenger back home. But since in this case there are separate one-way tickets (outbound on QR, inbound on EY), the poster's real question is whether or not a cancellation by EY really requires EY to find an alternate solution or just kicks the can to AA.
There's absolutely no issue there, doesn't matter what carrier they flew over, find something else to panic people over.

Last edited by JonNYC; Feb 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: United 1K
I am excited for the possibility of another star alliance route to the middle east avoiding Europe!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
How many United Points for the Etihad A380 First Class Apartment Suite??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.