Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

An earlier flight was delayed; switch or stick with original?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An earlier flight was delayed; switch or stick with original?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by flightrisk

Are you sure you can still do this? I was going to search or start a thread that an “EXP agent” told me last week that recent policy change prohibits protecting passengers on another flight. She seemed fairly knowledgeable so I was inclined to believe her.

Back to the topic, related to the previous story, I’ve switched to an earlier delayed flight that subsequently pushed back, returned to the gate after my original flight, and then canceled, leaving me stranded overnight. So now I’m extremely hesitant to switch unless it’s a weather delay affecting both flights. In IRROPS I will stay or switch to mainline flight, though, since RJ traffic seems to cancel much more frequently.

Hmmm. It has gotten more difficult, and yes they whine about policy. HUCA and having a TA helps. But at the end of the day, it is not just wanting to change flights- it is dealing with IRROPS often caused by the airline.....YMMV as they say

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.