Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Concierge Key: 11,300 CK Members in Jan 2019....?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concierge Key: 11,300 CK Members in Jan 2019....?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
Are they having problems losing out on upgrades to other CK's?
Originally Posted by 355F1

Nope. So I have an SWU that will expire next week.

First time ever not clearing on this flight but I only applied a SWU three days prior due to a flight canclalsetion that had a cleared SWU already applied.

I finally got to experience AA’s new premium economy and had a bulkhead so it was a fine flight over.

Oddly, #2 & #4 cleared.
Likely the ol' mixed upgrade list phenomena. It includes both Y->J and J->F in the same list and thus sometimes some of the J->F folks appear to clear before others on the list, but it's due to the separate inventory.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Likely the ol' mixed upgrade list phenomena. It includes both Y->J and J->F in the same list and thus sometimes some of the J->F folks appear to clear before others on the list, but it's due to the separate inventory.
Agreed on the confusion caused by the mixed upgrade list, however, on routes which are flown exclusively with planes that have Premium Economy, such as the OP's HKG-LAX, the upgrades are Y->W, W->J and J->F (the latter is only applicable to the 77W and the A321T - the A321T does not have a W cabin).
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884
Agreed on the confusion caused by the mixed upgrade list, however, on routes which are flown exclusively with planes that have Premium Economy, such as the OP's HKG-LAX, the upgrades are Y->W, W->J and J->F (the latter is only applicable to the 77W and the A321T - the A321T does not have a W cabin).
Not quite. The AA upgrade system is still Y->J, PE->J or J->F. There is no instrument upgrade from Y->PE, but I"m sure it happens quite often operationally by the GAs.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jan 26, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 355F1
First time ever not clearing on this flight but I only applied a SWU three days prior due to a flight cancellation that had a cleared SWU already applied.
If you already had a SWU cleared, then why didn't you have AA re-book you in J after the flight cancellation? If you have a confirmed J seat through a SWU, AA will rebook you in J due to any IRROPs. In my experience, they'll only rebook you on AA flights and not BA, CX, JAL, etc. but I do believe there are some more flexible agents who may rebook you on a partner flight in J if you get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.