Wiki Posts
Search

"Influencer" Contact for AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Free flights for important people!
But only if you wear the tee shirt-->V-neck T-shirt Do You Know Who I Am? (in Women?s Sizes only) ? Motus Theater
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
This:

Luxury Dublin hotel bans all social media influencers

"A hotel has banned YouTubers and Instagram stars - after a 22-year-old YouTuber askedfor a five-night free stay and broke down in tears ....
SNIP>"
Mwenenzi, trooper, AndyAA and 8 others like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:35 pm

I should add that I found an "Anya Kovic" Twitter account. It has 37 followers.

In general, while I think the idea of influencers is overhyped, an actual influencer would know how to get in the front door - and would not be asking merely for an upgrade or discount.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Thanks for the long reply and explanation.
In this case the "influencer" is not a person, but rather a brand. They usually provide products to "influencers" themselves to promote their brand. It also works the other way around, brands in a different industry provide them with products/services in order to receive visibility on the "influencer brand's" social media accounts.
I thought everyone was familiar with this concept. I didn't realize they just think it's self-important people trying to get a free flight (which isn't even the case, it could be an upgrade, a discount, access to a lounge to showcase it, it varies depending on the agreement).
Twitter only has customer service reps and the marketing contacts I do have don't know who manages social media. AA is a difficult company to navigate and that's why asked for help in case anyone knew
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by anyakovic
AA is a difficult company to navigate
Don't feel too bad, as I think this sums up the experience many of us have had with AA the past few years as customers. Or even just "AA is a difficult company"!
AAway likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:29 am

Thanks for the long reply and explanation.
In this case the "influencer" is not a person, but rather a brand. They usually provide products to "influencers" themselves to promote their brand. It also works the other way around, brands in a different industry provide them with products/services in order to receive visibility on the "influencer brand's" social media accounts.
I thought everyone was familiar with this concept. I didn't realize they just think it's self-important people trying to get a free flight (which isn't even the case, it could be an upgrade, a discount, access to a lounge to showcase it, it varies depending on the agreement).
Twitter only has customer service reps and the marketing contacts I do have don't know who manages social media. AA is a difficult company to navigate and that's why asked for help in case anyone knew
Are you saying, in this case, in effect, it's like product placement, in a b2b sense?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by jspira
Are you saying, in this case, in effect, it's like product placement, in a b2b sense?
Yes, exactly, in this case it would work like b2b product placement
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I will move this to our AA forum.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Perhaps you should do some research about this forum. It might help understand why you're getting the response you're getting. No one here works for American Airlines. The FlyerTalk forum is for frequent travelers. Most of those travelers have earned their benefits by spending time in planes and spending money with the airline. As such, they might be a bit reluctant to aid someone in getting for free something they earned the hard way.

Yes, exactly, in this case it would work like b2b product placement
If I were you, I'd pick up the phone and call the American Airlines headquarters during normal business hours: 817-963-1234.
Corporate Contact Information: https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...-structure.jsp
BThumme, ginmqi, jinglish and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:42 pm

Maybe it's just me, but don't brands that want to utilize influencers reach out to them? IDK I'm fresh off the two Fyre festival docs.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
B2B Influencer Campaigns aren't unprecedented--see: FoundersCard AA Platinum Status for 3 months (2015)

I bet that most of these types of things would be initiated by AA, and come from someone within marketing.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by kaydee7
Maybe it's just me, but don't brands that want to utilize influencers reach out to them? IDK I'm fresh off the two Fyre festival docs.
Correct; usually an internal PR or Social Media team knows who they wish to influence and initiates the contact. That's not to say that they wouldn't consider someone who approaches them, but the likelihood of a "yes" is very low in those situations. My take is no harm in asking, but don't expect AA to do anything.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, WN, NK
Talking

I sometimes do reviews for makeup products for the free stuff.. I would rather have free flights and review those instead lol...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: CK or bust
A thought for consideration or outright discarding -

That it didn't work out so well for Casey Neistat might reflect an overall shift on the part of AA when it comes to doling out tickets or status without $ spend.
wrp96, Antarius, jinglish and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Isn’t every FTer who posts in Trip Reports an Influencer? Should they get free flights?
Yes, I'm in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.