Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:30 pm

Booked LAX-PPT-LAX for later this year.

Taxes were $5.60 going there, $50.30 return.

Had to wait for some points to post to my account, so booked the flights as one-ways on separate PNRs. First flight was able to get the phone booking fee waived by explaining how these flights cannot be booked online. 2nd flight the agent would not waive the fee, and the fee was $35 per aa account (used points from another account to book for SO). I called back today and asked nicely, after a long hold, the $35 booking fee was removed.

Expertflyer inventory (X fare bucket) was accurate.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stupenal
First flight was able to get the phone booking fee waived by explaining how these flights cannot be booked online. 2nd flight the agent would not waive the fee, and the fee was $35 per aa account (used points from another account to book for SO). I called back today and asked nicely, after a long hold, the $35 booking fee was removed..
AA has just (on Feb 3 I believe) announced an official change in policy. No more phone booking fee for tickets that cannot be booked online! I just now ticketed an award with some TN segments, and I was not charged the fee (although I did have to remind the agent about the policy change).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eb-2015-a.html

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 6, 2015 at 10:00 am Reason: Add thread link
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Titanium
Transit in PPT

I will be transiting in both directions between LAX and AKL, and I was wondering what the procedure is in PPT. Does anyone here have experience doing this?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:32 am

We will be flying in on US AIr into LAX and ATN out to PPT - We have a long layover (6.5 hours) Which lounge is best to hang out in (for food and a nap). The US Air Lounge or I have priority pass which uses the KAL lounge in the international airport.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Scotttyd
We will be flying in on US AIr into LAX and ATN out to PPT - We have a long layover (6.5 hours) Which lounge is best to hang out in (for food and a nap). The US Air Lounge or I have priority pass which uses the KAL lounge in the international airport.
In that time I'd take the parking shuttle over to in-n-out on Sepulveda and have a nice meal.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Im flying in business award (aa miles).. have a long layover in LAX and will rent a car to go explore the beaches. Am I able to use KAL Lounge? (with my priority pass) Just want to go use their showers before flying to PPT!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Im flying in business award (aa miles).. have a long layover in LAX and will rent a car to go explore the beaches. Am I able to use KAL Lounge? (with my priority pass) Just want to go use their showers before flying to PPT!
You will be able to use the SkyTeam / KE lounge at LAX.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:06 pm

award space

Does any one know how often TN opens biz space on the PPT-AKL route? They usually open 2 Biz 331 days out, but the date I needed they only released 1. I booked my husband in biz and myself in economy and set a seat alert with expertflyer. I have about 10 months to wait.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:37 pm

Does anyone know if all the LAX-PPT and PPT-LAX planes have the new config? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jabtravel
Does anyone know if all the LAX-PPT and PPT-LAX planes have the new config? Thanks in advance!
No, the config is not guaranteed. I flew TN#7 (LAX-PPT w/inbound from CDG) on Fri., Mar. 20 and it was the new config. On Sun., Mar. 29, I flew TN#8 (PPT-LAX w/continuing service to CDG) and it was the old config. I flew Biz, and by far, the new config wins hands down. There really was no comparison in comfort and ability to sleep. However, a traveling companion flew coach on both flights and they said they preferred their coach seat in the old config versus the new.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:33 am

Lightbulb Air Tahiti Nui selects 787-9 to replace A340 fleet

ATN recently announced plans to switch to a fleet of four 787-9 in late 2018. Here are a couple of articles:

http://australianaviation.com.au/201...ce-a340-fleet/

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airl...aul-fleet.html

From what I'm reading on Flyertalk, ATN has upgraded the interiors of just three of their five A340s. They tend to run the non-refurbished aircraft on the Tokyo and Auckland flights, but they are sometimes used on the LAX route.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24256124-post93.html
"I flew last week in business on TN1 and TN2. Two different planes (Bora Bora and Nuku Hiva) and both were still the old configuration."

Here is a fleet list showing the tail number, name, and age of their five aircraft.

F-OJGF Mangareva 14.1 Years
F-OJTN Bora Bora 13.7 Years
F-OLOV Nuku Hiva 9.9 Years
F-OSEA Rangiroa 13.4 Years
F-OSUN Moorea 13.3 Years

There is also a post saying,
"Talking to them this week they say they're likely to drop to only 4 planes this year, with the final refurb happening sometime before the end of the year. So at some point all 4 will be refurb'ed interiors. "

I'm flying ATN from LAX to PPT in early November 2015. When I originally booked, there were two LAX to PPT flights scheduled for that day. Now there is only one. The schedule reduction supports the statement that they are cutting out one aircraft. July and August are the busiest months in FP for tourism. If ATN is going to cut out one aircraft, it would make sense for them to wait until later in the year.

On another topic, looking at Flightradar24, ATN is operating some of their aircraft on charters:
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/f-olov/
For example, F-OLOV has been to Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, and Dubai twice in the last few weeks. It has also been on a Beijing trip. These destinations are not part of the ATN route system.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:15 am

Is there a way to figure out what plane my flight will be on? Thanks in advance again.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by jabtravel
Is there a way to figure out what plane my flight will be on? Thanks in advance again.
I'm also curious about this.

I'm booked for 6/19 TN101 LAX-PPT, then 6/26 TN78 PPT-NRT. My assumption is that the TN101 seats will be old, and TN78 seats will be new.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but I searched and cant find the answer...

Booked JFK-LAX-PPT in J with AA miles and purchased PPT-BOB separately with $$

Will AA be able to send our bags all the way to BOB? We have a 10 hr overnight connection in BOB
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by damaxer91
I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but I searched and cant find the answer...

Booked JFK-LAX-PPT in J with AA miles and purchased PPT-BOB separately with $$

Will AA be able to send our bags all the way to BOB? We have a 10 hr overnight connection in BOB
AA policy is not to check bags through on separate tickets where the second ticket is not for travel on an OneWorld carrier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.