Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ExpertFlyer
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:36 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with existing thread for Air Tahiti Nui AAdvantage redemptions. Thanks. /Moderator
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I am wondering about the TN lounge. I am flying (biz award) JFK-LAX-PPT, of which I have an 11hr layover at LAX. Does one get in & out privileges to the lounge? I cannot see myself staying put in the lounge for 11hrs (1PM-12AM)

A bit off topic.... Any ideas what I can do/go during layover? Debating to rent a car and/or just do a day stay at a nearby hotel and relax.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I am wondering about the TN lounge. I am flying (biz award) JFK-LAX-PPT, of which I have an 11hr layover at LAX. Does one get in & out privileges to the lounge? I cannot see myself staying put in the lounge for 11hrs (1PM-12AM)

A bit off topic.... Any ideas what I can do/go during layover? Debating to rent a car and/or just do a day stay at a nearby hotel and relax.
I'd take the hotel shuttle to the Parking Spot, get In-N-Out and watch the planes overhead. Or take an Uber over to Santa Monica to have a shop on the promenade and walk down the beach.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:51 am

If the lounge TN uses is the same as it was a year and a half ago, I would suggest you spend your time elsewhere. With that long of a layover, you've got plenty of time to go off airport. I would second the idea of Santa Monica. We actually flew in the night before so had a little over 24 hours before our connection onto the late night flight, and we stayed in Santa Monica. Spent the day of the flight wandering around and capped it off with drinks / dinner before heading to the airport.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

The problem with accessing the lounge (described in the wiki) is you'll need to be checked in and issued an invitation by TN counter staff, so you may find yourself with no access during your early hours at LAX.

The off-topic bit can be answered here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:48 am

I'm sure this has been asked and answered multiple times, but I'm not sure I understand all the terminology, so I'll lay it out there and hopefully, you guys can help me out.

We have a flight this Sunday that I booked with AA miles. We'll be flying DSM-PHX-LAX-PPT in business class. We land at LAX at 11:44 AM and leave for PPT at 3:30 PM. The DSM-PHX and PHX-LAX legs are on US Airways if it matters. My wife and I both have the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard, which comes with Admirals Club access, as well.

I am a Packer fan and would like to catch as much of the NFC championship as possible (Starts at 12:05 PM) before boarding the flight to PPT. What would be our best option for comfort and watching as much of the game as possible?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by briggek8717
I'm sure this has been asked and answered multiple times, but I'm not sure I understand all the terminology, so I'll lay it out there and hopefully, you guys can help me out.

We have a flight this Sunday that I booked with AA miles. We'll be flying DSM-PHX-LAX-PPT in business class. We land at LAX at 11:44 AM and leave for PPT at 3:30 PM. The DSM-PHX and PHX-LAX legs are on US Airways if it matters. My wife and I both have the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard, which comes with Admirals Club access, as well.

I am a Packer fan and would like to catch as much of the NFC championship as possible (Starts at 12:05 PM) before boarding the flight to PPT. What would be our best option for comfort and watching as much of the game as possible?
You have Admirals Club membership afforded by your Citi Exec card, not "Admirals Club access". You can download your Admirals a Club Membership Guide PDF here. If your spouse is a secondary cardholder, she also has access (effective 2016).

Your best bet is to stay at the Admirals Club a short while and then go check in at the TBIT for your TN boarding passes and lounge invitations when the TN counter opens three hours prior to departure.,If you stay too long at the Club, you're risking a checkin and security zoo later at TBIT.

Whether the lounge will offer what you seek on television is another issue, but feel free to ask them to tune one set to the game. There may also be monitors in TBIT passenger areas showing the game.

Unfortunately, Admirals Club membership and flying on TN doesn't open any other lounges to you (e.g. oneworld lounge) at TBIT a and I'd seriously not recommend delaying at the Admirals Club more than an hour or so and getting your TN checkin organised. It might be easy, but TBIT can be chaotic.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 23, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:18 pm

Thank you for the information. Sounds like we'll hop off the plane in Terminal 6 and take the tunnel to Terminal 4 to watch the game until 12:45 or so at the Admirals Club. Then head over to TBIT and get through security and into the International lounge. Hopefully, security isn't too horrible and I only miss something like the 2nd quarter and halftime.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by briggek8717
Thank you for the information. Sounds like we'll hop off the plane in Terminal 6 and take the tunnel to Terminal 4 to watch the game until 12:45 or so at the Admirals Club. Then head over to TBIT and get through security and into the International lounge. Hopefully, security isn't too horrible and I only miss something like the 2nd quarter and halftime.
I may be just getting old, but I don't recall there being a TV in the TN contract lounge in TBIT. You'll be better off at a bar/restaurant in the terminal instead.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikelat
I may be just getting old, but I don't recall there being a TV in the TN contract lounge in TBIT. You'll be better off at a bar/restaurant in the terminal instead.
I do recall one, in one of the areas like an alcove. Unless I'm just TBIT-saturated.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:04 pm

Hi,

We have the following itinerary on hold:

ATN 8, LAX - CDG
ATN 7, CDG - LAX

In the past, we used to be able to tack on a leg to HNL on the return, but apparently that NA gateway stopover opportunity has ended as of April '14. We will be traveling around the Loire valley and Provence. So, we were planning on taking the TGV to Avignon right after we land and then train/car it around back to Paris. With this in mind, are there any other interesting stopovers that we can take advantage with the same amount of miles.

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sriirvine
Hi,

We have the following itinerary on hold:

ATN 8, LAX - CDG
ATN 7, CDG - LAX

In the past, we used to be able to tack on a leg to HNL on the return, but apparently that NA gateway stopover opportunity has ended as of April '14. We will be traveling around the Loire valley and Provence. So, we were planning on taking the TGV to Avignon right after we land and then train/car it around back to Paris. With this in mind, are there any other interesting stopovers that we can take advantage with the same amount of miles.

Thanks.
Award tickets do not allow stopovers any longer (as of 8 April 2014, as you say,) so there are no stopovers possible. I'd grab the TN8 and TN7 seats.

The TGV from CDG to Provence (Avignon, Lyon, etc.) is a very good way to travel.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Award tickets do not allow stopovers any longer (as of 8 April 2014, as you say,) so there are no stopovers possible. I'd grab the TN8 and TN7 seats.

The TGV from CDG to Provence (Avignon, Lyon, etc.) is a very good way to travel.
Thanks for a quick response JDiver!

I'm not sure how I did in this in the 2 years ago, but I was able to add a PDX->LAX flight (for instance) a couple of weeks before our outgoing LAX->CDG flight without any additional mileages? Is this type of stopover also no longer possible as well?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Originally Posted by sriirvine
Thanks for a quick response JDiver!

I'm not sure how I did in this in the 2 years ago, but I was able to add a PDX->LAX flight (for instance) a couple of weeks before our outgoing LAX->CDG flight without any additional mileages? Is this type of stopover also no longer possible as well?

Thanks.
No longer possible. It was previously allowed as LAX was a North American gateway(last point of departure before exiting NA) but that provision has gone way of dodo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.