Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Should I burn a SWU to go J -> F on HKG -> DFW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I burn a SWU to go J -> F on HKG -> DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
For what it's worth, Air France seems to ask for ~$1.5-2k+ for J-to-F, didn't seem to matter much whether it's a 7-hour or 12-hour flight. But that's a bigger step up in soft product than on AA (still difficult to justify though!). If I had to make a guess on AA, I'd say $750-1000 if they even do it.
AF F (esp on 77W) is not a valid comparison in either soft or hard product to AA F.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
AF F (esp on 77W) is not a valid comparison in either soft or hard product to AA F.
And much of the AF J is actually not a valid comparison to the AA 77W J hard product, ironically.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
I would only use them on J->F if the route you were flying a route that gave you access to the First Class DIning lounge.

I also might be in the minority, but I find Mini Cabin J better than F. That F seat is super janky feeling and I have slept better in the J seat for whatever reason. I have enjoyed J AA meals, but most of the F ones I'd pass on in the real world. The beverage part is sad AF in First, so I skip an assured headache for the most part on AA.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
I would only use them on J->F if the route you were flying a route that gave you access to the First Class DIning lounge.
Bingo. Agreed.

I also might be in the minority, but I find Mini Cabin J better than F. That F seat is super janky feeling and I have slept better in the J seat for whatever reason.
You're not. I sleep better in the J seat, too. Not to mention, the J seat has more privacy, too.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryan182
Of course you can make a comparison between the two. Nowhere did I say they were equivalent, and frankly on the hard product I don't think the difference is particularly large, especially if you're comparing AF A380 to AA 77W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.