Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Separating From Spouse - Trip Non-Refundable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Separating From Spouse - Trip Non-Refundable

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
To the OP,
Please be very careful about putting out sensitive personal information like this online to protect your self and children from retaliation of any kind.
I suggest you discuss the issue of reimbursement opportunities first and foremost with your attorney.
It could take a while but judges in marital dissolution cases may agree to rule in your favor for the spouse to be the one to reimburse you.
I am sorry you are in this sad predicament.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by bobnchi
+1 THIS! And dont forget to remove him from all access to your accounts.
I would characterize this as a joint marital debt. He pays the bills from an account and she charges them on a card that is in her name but is paid for using a checking account that is a family account. I would think that at best, she would have a claim for 50% of the ticket value since she has a ticket, he has a ticket, and the kids have tickets.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I would characterize this as a joint marital debt. He pays the bills from an account and she charges them on a card that is in her name but is paid for using a checking account that is a family account. I would think that at best, she would have a claim for 50% of the ticket value since she has a ticket, he has a ticket, and the kids have tickets.
I know nothing about family law, but could this depend on the particular State.

Also, I think we may be getting quite far afield; we know very little about OP’s personal circumstances, nor should we be privy to those details.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The OP stated separated spouse had purchased Basic Economy tickets with her credit card. OP has had a number of opinions and suggestions. But this thread has now moved into speculation about legal issues and a post with overly personal speculation about members’ motives has been removed.

As the thread seems to have gone tangential, into areas a bit overly personal and too deeply into private matters as well as becoming dilatory to the purpose of the OP, it will rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.