Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Ticketed; add infant --> Ticket Pending over a week now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat

YEG - PHX - SAN (first leg on Mesa) with AA. Cannot book an infant in lap online.

When I booked the tickets initially, the status became "ticketed" within minutes. A day or two later I called to add the baby. There was a $20 charge which was fine. "Would you like to put it on the same AmEx?" "Sure".

Fast forward a week, there is no $20 charge on my card, posted or pending. The ticket status is now "ticket pending". Called this morning. The agent says, oh that's strange you weren't charged for the infant. This time he asked for postal code (Canadian based card), and said within an hour the system will update and I will be able to select seats (I cannot even view them, but was able to select before the change). Later today nothing has changed. Still no charge on the card, pending or otherwise.

I called again, and was told by another agent that when they process the infant request (the baby's name now actually appears on the reservation), then the card will be actually charged.

I'm getting mixed messages, and really don't want to wait until the day of the flight a week or so from now to resolve this. Anyone have an idea what the problem, if any, may be?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call back and have them ticket while you hold. They hate it, but it's easily doable. May take a supervisor.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:45 pm

I had the same issues with BA, but it took about 1 month and a half to resolve.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
Call back and have them ticket while you hold. They hate it, but it's easily doable. May take a supervisor.
Thank you, you were right.

I called before reading your advice. I didn't have to ask them to ticket, but after hearing that I had called several times, the agent put me on hold and went to work. She would check on me every once in a while to make sure I was still there, and after about 10 minutes it was all taken care of. The credit card was charged at that point, without my having to provide any verification information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.