Community
Wiki Posts
Search

back to American incompetence

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:33 pm

For those of us who ONLY use the TBIT LAX is a vastly improved airport!
Craig6z likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:34 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Do you think that AA controls the escalators in a multi use airport facility?
No! But they could have contacted maintenance to throw the appropriate switch.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Oh my god.

LAX is NOT worse than most third-world country airports. You can only take hyperbole so far before it becomes ridiculous.
wrong. So very wrong There is no hyperbole in calling LAX a third world dumpster fire. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. You sound like the guy on PA for the last 8 years with the same announcement about how they are going to build a world class airport at lax.. and yet it’s still a pit
PlatinumScum and DCP2016 like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Just got off AA726 a few hours ago. My first taste of the dreaded LAX remote gate. I felt just like a cow going down the chute, waiting for an AA employee to knock be in the head with a hammer when I got to the bottom. Once on the bus, the drive to the T4 was brutal (that happens when the jets have the right of way). I've been through the escalator up/steps down thingy many time there before but it does not make any sense considering how it gets bottle necked with people in a slight panic when they realize they have to pick up their rollaboards. Worse part is that with all the nonsense and pitfalls it takes to get to baggage claim, you still have to wait 1/2 an hour after getting to baggage for your bags to arrive. That's PHL-type incompetence. They do deliver the priority bags first, though. Something they have no clue about @PHL.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Baggage is definitely AA's responsibility and I too have noticed that priority tags are ignored and delivery is dreadfully slow at LAX and PHX.

The rest of your post is about how nasty LAX can be.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:40 am
C46

The part, of people having to carry their carry-on down a flight of stairs, is confirming my personal impression, that if pax would not try to take half their bloody household on board, flying would be WAY more convenient!
lowmiles likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Do you think that AA controls the escalators in a multi use airport facility?
No, but they are responsible for the engagement of airport and services.

They pay fees for a service. They should hold the airport accountable.
flyalways likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by davem4
No, but they are responsible for the engagement of airport and services.

They pay fees for a service. They should hold the airport accountable.
OK, but do you think that would resolved what took place at that moment?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
in domestic America
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
how do I get there from foreign america? Is that like New Mexico?
To be fair, AA does have a habit of considering Canada and Mexico to be part of the US for the purposes of elite benefits, etc.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
LAX with lots of time for a connection and if needed shower in the AC/FL can be a fun ride around the field. Yes for 99% of us its on a bus not the really cool AA black SUV I've seen. For a tight connection (which I would never book for LAX but things happen) its downright maddening.

On a side note. There's a 3 part series produced by BBC about BA and its operation at LHR. I streamed it on YouTube. The documentary showed BA airport management having formal meetings and calls to anticipate any issues for the day and how to mitigate such problems. I began to laugh out loud because AA appears to do no such thing and just makes it up as they go along and wings it during the day.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enviroian
LAX is a horrible airport.

It’s the PHL/EWR of the west.
Yeah well, at least our SWU's and upgrades clear in PHL quite a bit more often than yours, based on your repeated complaints.
enviroian and apeortdz like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The simple solution given that OP's conclusion that Asia is better than "America" (I believe he means the USA, but nothing is clear in his post) is to stay in Asia and then he can sit in germ-ridden seats which he does not wipe down and never experience an escalator operating in the wrong direction.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
LAX with lots of time for a connection and if needed shower in the AC/FL can be a fun ride around the field. Yes for 99% of us its on a bus not the really cool AA black SUV I've seen. For a tight connection (which I would never book for LAX but things happen) its downright maddening.

On a side note. There's a 3 part series produced by BBC about BA and its operation at LHR. I streamed it on YouTube. The documentary showed BA airport management having formal meetings and calls to anticipate any issues for the day and how to mitigate such problems. I began to laugh out loud because AA appears to do no such thing and just makes it up as they go along and wings it during the day.
I understand, LHR has no problems at all.............
roberto99 and wrp96 like this.

Last edited by mvoight; Dec 10, 2018 at 6:57 am
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
OP's post in short in relation to AA

1. Americans planes are overall very dirty
2. On most occasions American is very slow at delivering luggage and priority tags are not followed.

I agree with both.
TSparky and lowmiles like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
So we complain, grape and feel generally let down by airlines that we travel on.
What does it come too, well on FT you can let off steam, scream and yell about the bad service you received.
If that makes you happy great. If not, then dont know what to tell you.
For the amount of time I have been let down by AA, BA etc... I have found that, after everything I have been thru in life, its not really such a big deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.