Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is that $400 each way for a lie flat product? That's an incredible value for 5-6 hours of flight legs.
Not far off from AA's $559(Sat)/$659(Sun-Fri) fares for lie flats on JFK<--->LAX. Just gotta pick the right flights and book early.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is that $400 each way for a lie flat product? That's an incredible value for 5-6 hours of flight legs.
yup. BOS-LAX/SFO has become...quite affordable post Mint.

Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I did BOS-LAX on Easter Sunday. Until just before boarding, there were only two of us in the F cabin. I think one was some form of opp-up that happened just before the door closed.

I'm taking this route as part of a BOS-LAX-PEK route. As has been discussed at length, the east coast to Asia routes really stink. My business partner is flying UA and gets home like 7 hours earlier than I do, as my layover in LAX is just about that long.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:51 pm

And that's not even the quickest way... there's a nonstop on HX!
Old May 1, 2019, 2:22 pm

Any op-ups from J->F as a Plat or lower? Curious to see if it's even happened before on this new route.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Flew the LAX->BOS redeye last night in J (upgraded at around 4 days out). Flight was full, although F seemed to be full with nonrevs (only 2 seats taken at T-60). Not obvious that there were op ups (although possible) since no one appeared upgraded to Y from the waitlist at the gate.

I did get into the AC on arrival, but annoyingly the lounge dragon said it's only on departure but "she would make an exception". AA told me on DM on Twitter twice that I should get access, so it seems they're just doing a really poor job explaining rules to the staff there. It doesn't help the website is ambiguous about this... Hopefully more can report over the next few weeks to see if AA figures this out.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I am fairly sure op ups are happening.

On a recent BOS-LAX on the A321T I was upgraded T-24 hrs Y to J as plat. At T-48 hrs, all F seats were open, all J seats unavailable, same number of J and F seats (6 or 7) for sale. After I was upgraded there was still the same number of J and F seats for sale (but only 1). I was assigned a seat at the gate. It seems like J and F were almost treated jointly for availability and a cabin roll had everyone seated. Maybe this route is managed differently from JFK routes due to insufficient F demand.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Gosh, I feel silly paying for J and using miles for F!
Old May 3, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SEA737
I did get into the AC on arrival, but annoyingly the lounge dragon said it's only on departure but "she would make an exception".
I don't understand why/how that annoyed you. Yes, staff was uninformed, but you got in, seemingly without much of a fight at all. Was your goal to check to ensure that all staff are properly informed, or to get into the club?
Old May 3, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't understand why/how that annoyed you. Yes, staff was uninformed, but you got in, seemingly without much of a fight at all. Was your goal to check to ensure that all staff are properly informed, or to get into the club?
Uh, I don't want to have to argue my way into the lounge in front of a line of people behind me. That definitely is annoying.

And more annoying than that is American isn't training agents to deliver on the product it is selling. Some may choose this flight (say, over Mint) based on the opportunity to take a shower on arrival. AA should make sure it's training it's agents to deliver on that.

And I just wanted to get into the lounge. I value a shower after a redeye a ton. This experience makes me a tad hesitant to continue taking it (I flew from SFO to LAX just to position, and normally it wouldn't be my most natural routing to take).
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by SEA737; May 3, 2019 at 11:33 pm
Old May 4, 2019, 12:34 pm

Flagship Lounge Access Page Updated

It now makes clear that three class MIA/BOS-LAX have access.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 2:46 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Yep

Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) for customers on flights operated by a 3-class Boeing 777-300 aircraft only (from May 3, 2019 - October 26, 2019)

Los Angeles (LAX) and Boston (BOS) for customers on flights operated by a 3-class Airbus 321T aircraft only (from April 2, 2019)
Old May 4, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yep

Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) for customers on flights operated by a 3-class Boeing 777-300 aircraft only (from May 3, 2019 - October 26, 2019)

Los Angeles (LAX) and Boston (BOS) for customers on flights operated by a 3-class Airbus 321T aircraft only (from April 2, 2019)
I'm a little surprised they are not selling this as 4 class now, with the PE retrofits, similar to certain DFW-HNL domestic flights (albeit on 772s, and only being 3 class).
Old May 4, 2019, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
finally. I booked my mom on LAX-BOS a few weeks ago and sent her a pdf of the press release that included a mention of FL access in case she got pushback since it wasnt on the website.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yep

I see a 777 on the schedule LAX-MIA on, say, Oct 30. Perhaps it is a 772 and not a 773, and AA wants to discriminate between the two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.